The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

MtSkiBum: Good news about the B+! Sorry to hear about the truck. Keep us posted, we sure would like to see you fish with us on the Green River.

Larry
Old 02-22-2009, 09:20 AM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
MtSkiBum: Good news about the B+! Sorry to hear about the truck. Keep us posted, we sure would like to see you fish with us on the Green River.

Larry
I knew the truck didnt have much left. I got my 500 dollars worth out of the purchase of it.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Yatahey: Glad to see you posting again, you been doing any fishing this winter?

Larry
Hey Larry,
It's been a long winter. A couple months ago I finally got back to work and it's pretty much consumed my time.
Thanks for referring Gary to me, regarding Cheeseman Canyon. We had some good conversation via PM about it. He seems like a nice guy.
I'll be wrapping up the second of 3 buildings I'm working on at Fort Carson this next week, so with the longer days and slightly milder weather, I'm looking forward to getting out on the river.
Reports are the rainbows are starting to spawn out of Elevenmile Res into the Dream Stream. I'm jonesin bad to get out and wet a line.
In the mean time, I'll just keep on dancin in the dark.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yatahey: Your welcome. I figured your the man concerning Chesseman.
The winter up here has been COLD, I haven't been out, but hopefully the really cold stuff is behind us now that the days are getting longer. I'm taking off work tomorrow and running up to the Grey Reef to wet a line.
Good to hear your working, what are you doing on Ft Carson?

Larry
Old 02-24-2009, 06:19 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Larry,
I'm doing carpentry at Fort Carson.
After reading Gary's report on Deckers I'm just getting more antzy for a weekday off to hit the river. Weekends down there can get pretty crowded.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Yatahey: I know what you mean, Gary's report made me want to get out also. I tried to get out on the Grey Reef on Monday but turned around 10 miles out of town. The wind was blowing so hard I had a hard time keeping the truck on the road. Same goes for the Grey Reef, it can get pretty crazy on weekends. Thats why I like to go on weekdays if possible or search for other waters.

Larry
Old 02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Larry, Dorian, Davo, skibum,
I'm hearing good things about the Green lately.

Better have a good supply of BWO life stages. Potentially we could have a very good outing.
Don't forget your Midge box or the Meat box either.

Lately it almost feels like Spring has sprung. We're suppose to have a return to Winter next week, but if warmer temps return soon after it could be an early Spring with some very good fishing to be had.

I'm planning on a run over there in the next couple weeks with my wife and our friend Andy. will post about it then.

Very much looking forward to seeing a couple of you again, and meeting a couple more.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Fysh

Same goes here, this warm up in wx has really been great, can't wait to get out on the Green.

Here is what Trout Creek Flies says in their Feb 23 Fishing Report:
***AVAILABLE AQUATIC INVERTEBRATES, AQUATIC INSECTS AND TERRESTRIAL HATCHES:
SCUDS - Scuds should be olive/gray, #16-22 or smaller if you want to match. the natural micro-scuds. Larger scuds (#14-10) in Tan, Pink and Orange as attractors are also effective. MIDGES - Pupa: brassies, red, olive, or black #20-24. Tie some with tungsten beads for weight (known as Zebra midges), others with glass beads for color. Adults: the most common adults are black, olive, or gray. Small Adams and simple adult midge patterns (#16 to #22) will work including clustering patterns such as a Griffiths Gnat, Two Bead Midge or the local Fuzz ball. BAETIS- No. PALE MORNING DUNS-None. TRICOS- None. CALLIBAETIS- None. CADDIS- None. STONE FLIES- None. CICADAS- None. TERRESTRIALS- None. ATTRACTORS- None. MORMON CRICKETS- None. STREAMERS- Woolly Buggers 4-6, black, olive, tan, Goldilocks. Double Bunnies 2-4, Playboy Bunnies.

The fly list above suggests the available trout food and their imitations. Each week I will list the top six flies that were productive from the week before. The danger here is that things change from week to week, so while trends in fly selection can be consistent, keep in mind they also change with current fishing conditions. Para Adams #20-26 Griffith's Gnat #20-24 Tungsten Zebra Midges #14-16 brown, red. small scuds- olive, grey #18-22 Glo-bugs #12-18 all colors San Juan Worms, red #14-12. RS2's and WD 40's grey, olive or wine #18-24 Streamers #2-6 Buggers in tan, black, olive, Goldilox Buggers, Double Bunnies, Playboy Bunnies.

THE PAST WEEK IN REVIEW - RATED 6 (out of 10)

Still a double hump in the water level, but not quite as bad. Average flow at this time is 1100 CFS. The last week has been quite nice for this time of year. I always expect a few weeks like this in February but I'm still surprised at how nice they can be. Midges are in full swing and good hatches from 10:00 in the AM until 3:00 PM. It has been a very good hatch all through February, especially when the wind quiets down. Nymphs early and late in the day are continuing to be successful. Streamers are doing very well with a bit slower strip then usual. Goldiloks continues to catch fish, as does the playboy bunny, plus I see black sculpins and bunnies doing a credible job also. Blue wings are still showing some, not equaling what they were doing in January but still some, especially below Little Hole and down towards Red Creek.

On Monday, I took the boat cover over to the local uphosltry shop to have a couple holes fixed. Still need to pull the trailer wheels to check the bearings and re-grease everything for the upcoming fishing season.

Larry
Old 02-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

I have a report that the search tool is not working. It works for me but that may have something to do with being a moderator. Can someone try a search and let me know if it is working for you?

Frank
Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 AM

It just worked for me. Did a search foe South Platte and results came through.