The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 07:03 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Hey Fysh

I forgot to mention it when you called. They dropped the water again on the SF, it is now at 9200cfs. Might make for a longer float, not that I mind taking out at dark!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: I sure wish I could go but we are in the middle of moving this week so the fishing will have to wait (dang did I just say that!). Sure sounds like a great time though even with fishing a long day.

We really enjoyed the Sleepy J cabins. I guess I didn't meet Jake. Walked down to the bar on the corner for dinner, but they had a kitchen fire so they weren't serving dinner so we ordered a draft, then found out they charged $5.50 each. Och! Needless to say we didn't go back. We then walked over to the dinner to the right and made the mistake of ordering a steak, but the next night we went back and ordered a hamburger and fries, that was pretty good. Kind of slim pickens along that area for diners.

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Hey I wanna know how you got that picture of me?

Larry,
I wish you could make it, but if ya gotta work, ya gotta work.

We're not doing the overnighter in the canyon. With only 3 going and all the gear to take along also, we decided it would be tough to get 3 of us with all the gear comfortably in the boat, and safely down the river.

So now we are meeting Dave @ Conant on Thursday morning to float the canyon, and then going to Jackson and floating again on his water Friday. Dave wants to buy me Scotch on Friday night also.

Pam and I are going to stay at the ol' Sleepy J cabins.

You never told me if you met Jake @ Sleepy J?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

quote:Hey I wanna know how you got that picture of me?
my brother in law works for the KGB!
JP
Old 08-12-2009, 03:47 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Click the image to open in full size.

Happy B-day Fysh! Mine was last week and my sister who runs a cake business made this cake. Not sure of the exact species but it was the best tasting fish I've ever had, LOL!

Clint
Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromney View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

Happy B-day Fysh! Mine was last week and my sister who runs a cake business made this cake. Not sure of the exact species but it was the best tasting fish I've ever had, LOL!

Clint
Clint: Your sister does good work, that was great!

Larry
Old 08-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

The greatest cake I"ve ever seen for a flyfisherman's birthday
Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Cromney,

Happy birthday to you also. I have to say your sister is a cake artist.

Frank
Old 08-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday to you also Clint, sorry to be a little late. Your S.I.L. is talented.

I went to S.E. Idaho again today with my friend Andy and fished a small lake.
We arrived @6:00 am, fishing was a bit slow until the Damsel's and Calibaetis started around noon, things quickly heated up and we took turns rowing and fishing as we moved up and down the shoreline fishing for gulpers. I have to say this was the best day of gulper fishing I have ever experienced. We landed 23 Rainbow's averaging between 17" and 20" with 2 taking us into our backing.

The weather was awsome, normally the wind will kick up around 11:00 and will take you from one end of the lake to the other, but today we had a very slight breeze and light cloud cover, the Damsel flies were very thankful as were we.

Heading back there on Friday morning.......

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Fysh: Good to hear you got into some great stillwater fishing! How did the SF trip go?

Larry
Old 08-19-2009, 12:03 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Fysh,
Thanks! It's always great to successful fish outings. Good luck on your outing this weekend too, I'm off to the Green below Fontenelle

Clint