The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Fysh wrote: "Good to see you back Larry.
Where the heck is Davo?"

Hey Fysh, I wonder the same thing. Dano use to be really active and was an important part of NAFFF. I hope he is OK.

Are you busy with removing snow now?

Frank
Old 11-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Frank,
I was thinking about Dave, and believe he may be in the Florida seeing his folks. My wife communicates with him on 'Facebook', I'll ask her if he has any updates there.

I've been out twice so far for snow removal, had a couple other storms fall apart before they got here. Hopefully it's another good year, let's keep that water flowin'.

Frank, I looked for your p.m. about SKYPE and it's not in my inbox, although I did get a copy of it in my personal e-mail. Not sure what happened to it.

As far as SKYPE, I need to get it set up again. I think it might be fun to get a fishing forum group going, and then I can give Jean Paul **** in person. lol!! just so everyone knows, I said cr*p.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 11-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fysh,

I must have clicked the Email link instead of the PM link. So you got my Skype name?

I think JP needs to get a microphone before he can use Skype. I want to get a camera and that will make it a lot better.

Frank
Old 11-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

It's really wierd because it did say that I had received a p.m.. Heck I dunno. I did get your skype name.
We don't have a camera either, but it would make things better, then everyone would see just how darn handsome I am. lol.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 11-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Fysh wrote: "Good to see you back Larry.
Where the heck is Davo?"

Hey Fysh, I wonder the same thing. Dano use to be really active and was an important part of NAFFF. I hope he is OK.

Frank
Frank: I'm pretty sure Davo is currently in Florida visiting with his dad and probably getting in some fishing. In the past, he has made the Thanksgiving holiday a time to go to Florida.

Have you ever talked to someone from Europe on Skype? I'm wondering what the quality might be. JP called me on the cell the other day and the connection was pretty bad, but you could still understand what was being said. A couple of years ago I setup a VOIP Cisco softphone for a gal in Saudi Arabia that was taking some distance education classes from the University of Wyoming, the voice quality wasn't the best due to delay. I think the delay has to be under 200 ms otherwise you tend to step on each others voice, but if each party treats the connection like a one way talk path it will work, just a little hard to get used to.

Larry
Old 11-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys...like we say in french...my ears were whistling...it means I knew people were talking about meI'll try to connect on Skype during the Xmas holidays when I have a mike ....if I manage to do it,which is NOT sure As for the phone connection it's a real lottery it's sometimes very clear or very bad I experience it when my wife goes back to Siberia....a few miles away from home
Fysh...the guy with the black beard and long hair you've seen on the video is a friend of mine
Old 11-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Fysh, we expect to see your wife, not you.

Jean-Paul, I am not sure it will work on a dial-up if that is what you have.

Frank
Old 11-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Fysh, we expect to see your wife, not you.

Jean-Paul, I am not sure it will work on a dial-up if that is what you have.

Frank

I'll see what I can arrange Frank. She's not like me though, she can be very outspoken, whereas I'm kinda bashful.

Jean Paul, you need to modernize brotha!!

Old 11-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Wilky,
This is my favorite shop in the SLC area.
http://www.wrflyfisher.com/

Great people, great atmosphere, quality equipment and materials, plus they usually have a pot of coffee on.

If you look at the bar across the top you will see a tag for 'education'. Click on it and you will see a bunch of classes that they offer, many are free to the public.

We have an abundance of places to fish like the Provo River, Strawberry, The Uintah's, Weber River, Ogden River, And the Green River, though the Green below Flaming Gorge reservoir is far from what it used to be as a fishery, it's still a very beautiful place to see.

If your willing to travel northward (and I'm sure you will ) you will find yourself in the middle of a flyfishing mecca with boundless possibilities. Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming are almost limitless in the places to explore and fish.

Like I mentioned before, we have many members here from the Utah, and the surrounding states. I don't think your going to be bored.

Being from Scotland, I assume you like Scotch?

Old 11-28-2009, 04:41 PM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough

thank you thats a great help it sounds a great place i am looking forward to getting back and checking it out i will hopefully be fishing in idaho and wyoming this summer coming as my fiancee's family lives up there which will be a good excuse to head up there lol sadly i dont drink anymore i used to like a little drink of scotch when i was out at sea fishing to warm me up lol