The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Shout Out Thread!

Well the season is almost over and our boys are playing for the football 5AState Championship this Friday at the U of U.
Gonna be a tough game, playing the defending champs that are fairly high ranked nationally.
If they can withstand the 1st qtr barrage I think they've got a chance, cannot make any mistakes against Bingham though. Our team has thrived on "D" this year, so we shall see.....
GO FREMONT SILVER WOLVES!!!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 11-16-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

What time is the game?

Clint
Old 11-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I believe 2:30, but games start at 11.
Ya man, I'm freakin' pumped!!

I was hoarse after last weeks game, I probably won't be able to talk for a week after this game. lol!
I think the team they beat in the semi-finals last week is from down your way. Aren't they?http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/...-game.html.csp

Just found this.....it has previews and times for the games.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/...langi.html.csp

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 11-16-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Well Pat Bowen finally fired Josh McDaniels! It is about time, wow I have never seen a team driven into the ground like he did.

Fysh: I never heard the outcome of the UT State 5A Championships, did Fremont win?

Larry

Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

No, they lost the Championship game to the Bingham Miners. (Nationally ranked @14) But it was a tale of 2 halves. Bingham winning the first and Fremont winning the second.
5A high school football championship: Bingham caps perfect season | Deseret News

5A high school football championship: Silver Wolves forced to use 4 quarterbacks | Deseret News

They had a couple first half turnovers that left Bingham's high octane offense with a short field to work with resulting in two touchdowns, along with a couple other well executed scoring drives and Bingham led at the half 27-0.

Fremonts Defense seemed a little intimidated in the first half, and on offense our starting QB was knocked out of the game with a concussion and a broken jaw (in 2 places) at the start of the 2nd Qtr. He got crushed between both Defensive Ends on a blitz!

Our back up QB really couldn't do much, the 3rd string QB had the most success passing the ball, but our starting Safety who's a sophmore also played the position out of the "wildcat" formation and made everyone watching the game say "Whoa!, take a look at this kid!!", he made the Bingham Defense look average. Bingham's Defensive unit had 9 kids that are already signed to play NCAA Div1 football too.
I think he will be the starting QB next year from what the voices are telling me.

Fremont's Offense moved the ball at will in the second half, but when they got in the redzone they just couldn't punch it in, they did score once though. Kudos to the Miner 'D', they held when the had to.

Fremonts Defense put it together at halftime and really clamped down allowing Bingham to score only a field goal during the second half. Bingham's RB Harvey Langi (also ranked nationally) was held to only 54 yards and 0 Touchdowns.

I will be surprised if Fremont doesn't win it all next year. They've discovered a hidden jewel in Preater the future starting QB.
The starting RB who finished #2 behind Langi will return. And both the Offensive and Defensive lines are all Juniors and will get even bigger.

Here's a link for a video about our team from our local paper, (Sorry, you have to watch a short commercial first). I still get emotional watching it! http://www.standard.net/media/video?...autoStart=true

I've been going through withdrawls ever since, and cannot wait until next year! GO SILVER WOLVES!!

Last edited by fysh; 12-07-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:08 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Bummer, I was routing for your team, but it sounds like next year will be a different story!

Larry

Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

They really are a great group of kids.
A couple of em are from our neighborhood, one (JR) was the starting Fullback and Middle Linebacker, the other was a starting Wide Receiver (Sr), unfortunately in the semi-final game against Lone Peak he tore ligaments in his ankle and wasn't able to play in the Championship Game. I'm not sure who was more bummed, him or his Dad, but he's also moving onto the next level and will either play for the U of U, or BYU next year.

Pam is planning to be a Sponsor next season with her 'Scentsy' business, so each time they score a Touchdown the announcer will say "That's another $25.00 from Pam **** your local hometown Scentsy Consultant".
Preater and Vigil might cost her a small fortune!

I'm soooo glad the Bronco's let McDaniel go, I never got a good feeling for the direction they were going with him.
Bring on Cowher, Gruden, heck maybe even Brian Billick.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
They really are a great group of kids.
A couple of em are from our neighborhood, one (JR) was the starting Fullback and Middle Linebacker, the other was a starting Wide Receiver (Sr), unfortunately in the semi-final game against Lone Peak he tore ligaments in his ankle and wasn't able to play in the Championship Game. I'm not sure who was more bummed, him or his Dad, but he's also moving onto the next level and will either play for the U of U, or BYU next year.

Pam is planning to be a Sponsor next season with her 'Scentsy' business, so each time they score a Touchdown the announcer will say "That's another $25.00 from Pam **** your local hometown Scentsy Consultant".
Preater and Vigil might cost her a small fortune!

I'm soooo glad the Bronco's let McDaniel go, I never got a good feeling for the direction they were going with him.
Bring on Cowher, Gruden, heck maybe even Brian Billick.
Yikees! You might have to get a second job to pay all the Scentsy Sponsor money next year!

It's going to be interesting to see who they bring in for the Broncos. I was pretty surprised they let Josh McDaniels go before the session ended, but I guess the season ticket holders were revolting.

Larry

Old 12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Yikees! You might have to get a second job to pay all the Scentsy Sponsor money next year!Larry
I'll probably be out of a job next season since I've decided to go back to school after the first of the year, besides she's doing well enough I think she can cover the cost. I hope!

Hey Larry, do you have any idea why my avatar and the link in my siggy line have a vbulletin alert?

Old 12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
I'll probably be out of a job next season since I've decided to go back to school after the first of the year, besides she's doing well enough I think she can cover the cost. I hope!

Hey Larry, do you have any idea why my avatar and the link in my siggy line have a vbulletin alert?
Good to hear you are going to try going back to school!
You might look at the size of your Avatar, I know of the signature line it has to be under a specfic size, I can't remember off the top of my head what the rule is.

Larry