The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

I am still shopping for a vehicle. I am test driving a Bonneville owned by an old couple this weekend that has only 80,000 miles on it, but it is on the upper end of my price range.

Hopefully i will have a vehicle that is reliable enough to make it down there.

Midwest Fly fisher, i know how you feel. I have to walk everywhere right now, I walk on average 6-8 miles a day. And i havent fished in 3 weeks, maybe even a month because of a lack of a vehicle to make it to the river.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: 2 boats sounds fine, would you let Davo know so he doesn't have to dig his boat out of the snow. 9 am sounds fine for a planned start on Thursday morning. This last few days we have been in a real heat wave (it was 72 degrees in Denver today) all the snow has melted in Laramie.

Dorian: I had to go into Denver today so I haven't called Hyde yet, if I'm not too swamped tomorrow at work I will try to get everything set with them and let you know.

MtSkiBum: Good luck on the used vehicle. Sure hope you can make it down, we would all like to meet you and get to fish together.

Larry
Old 03-04-2009, 09:00 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

hey everybody,

I drove nearby some of the reservoirs i fish and the area around them is melting and so are the lakes. Im starting to get little ancy and probably tied about twenty flies last night.

I don't think i can wait much longer, i have a strange feeling its gonna be a good year on those lakes.

probably hit it the first week in april. I did last year and casting woolly buggers at cruising trout was a hoot.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

What city in montana do you live in Troutwhisperer?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ice out fishing lakes can be the best time of year for trout!

Larry
Old 03-05-2009, 12:03 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Hey guys! I haven't posted for some time but I really need to get into it. I have been somewhat keeping up on the forum and want to get active posting, I have a lot to learn. Talk to you guys soon!
Clint
Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM

brandy will become famous soon enough

Hey all,

Im new to this forum, and have not posted much, mostly I have been reading a lot and trying to learn as much as I can. So hi to everyone and thanks for being here for all us newbie's.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

BRANDY!!!! Welcome. Jump in more often, PLEASE!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:35 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Hi Brandy, welcome!
Anyone getting out this weekend?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, not this weekend. I am going to hit the Green on Wed or Thu of next week though.

Good to see some fresh faces in here.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."