The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Hi dorian,

OK, we get so many post on this thread I thought I had missed you getting a Hyde. What do you think about the Hyde Drifter I posted the other day? Seems like a dandy boat for a guy who fishes alone or a friend on occasion.

Let us know how your Flight works for you.

I don't know what to tell about your search problem. You might go into the UserCP and check your options. Make sure you have "WYSIWYG editor" option clicked. I don't think it will solve your problem. Did you tell me what browser you are using. I know you saw that other people are not having a problem so it has to be something in your browser blocking you. What do you get when you try a search.

Frank
Old 03-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Frank,
Thanks for the good wishes, I cannot wait to float tomorrow. I will take pics and post some.

I wondered if Ard had gone there, Hope he has a great time. He is a fun guy that I would like to meet some day.

I have some properties that have Bermuda Grass. That stuff has roots that go everywhere, really tuff to weed wack it too.

Hope your getting some fishing in too.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I figured Ard had made it out to his cabin, hope he has time to get some fishing in.

Fysh: Good luck on the Green tomorrow, can't wait for April! I took the boat cover down and had a few holes patched the other day then I threw the whole thing in the wash, can't believe how improved it looks. Boy was it dirty. Bought some 4 lb weights that slide over the ends of the oars from NRS, thought I would try that out before I dropped down the change for counter-balanced oars. Just sitting in the boat the weights make a big difference while holding the blades up. I also went out and bought a new RIO 5WF floating line (I think it was the wind cutter) and a furled leader. Hopefully I can get out Saturday for a little fishing.

Frank: That Hyde drifter really looks cool and at 130-160 lbs it seems like one person could easily handle that.

MTSkiBum: What's your status? Are you still going to make it down to the Green River April 3 and 4?

Larry
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 AM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
MTSkiBum: What's your status? Are you still going to make it down to the Green River April 3 and 4?
I am still without a vehicle. I have been looking, but i need to be patient, because i am going to have an 80 mile round trip for work this summer. So i need a vehicle that is going to be able to have some miles put on it.

This summer i am going to be living 10 miles outside of Cody on the Shoshone River, on 40 acres of land with a 1/4 mile of river access right off my back deck. I predict I am going to be doing LOTS of fishing this summer.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:37 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

I LOVE MARCH!!! College basketball in March is one of the greatest times of year for sports fans. How 'bout these games the past few days! Simply amazing!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

MtSkiBum

Cody is a great location. I try to get up there on the motorcycle at least once each summer, it makes a great road trip and there are lots of great places for fishing. Last summer and friend and I attended the Beartooth Rally in Red Lodge, but stayed in Cody. There is a nice lake just north of town just past the gun club. I don't remeber the name but if you go north on hwy 120 you will see the gun club sign on the left, take that turn off and go past the gun club until you see the two lakes on the right. You will need a float tube or pontoon to fish it properly, but there are some nice fish there.

Keep us posted on the Green River trip, I have another forum member that has expressed an interest if you don't make it.

Larry
Old 03-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Fysh: So how did the Green River trip go? The wx should have been pretty decent.

Larry
Old 03-14-2009, 11:02 AM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Keep us posted on the Green River trip, I have another forum member that has expressed an interest if you don't make it.

Larry
Plan on taking them then. I just wont be sure until i buy a new vehicle and i dont know when that is going to be.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTskibum View Post
Plan on taking them then. I just wont be sure until i buy a new vehicle and i dont know when that is going to be.
OK, I will let them know that one spot is available for the Green River trip.

Once you get to Cody this summer maybe we can get together for a fishing trip.

Larry
Old 03-15-2009, 04:49 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Fysh...are you doing this on purpose? Just keeping us waiting to make the arrival of your pics all that more enjoyable??

Why has no one other than me said anything about the AMAZING college basketball season we have had so far, especially this past week with all the conference championships and upsets? Any other college basketball fans out there??