The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Got out today. Caught probably around 8 and a nice 1 1/2 lb crappie. Good day!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kids,
Finally posting something about the Green trip this last Friday. Will post some pics later.

It was actually kinda slow most of the day until about 1:00 when the Midges started popping pretty good. Caught a few Browns and a couple Bows in the 14" range. Best part was breaking in the Glass rod I got a few weeks ago, them little fellers give a decent tug on it.

My wife outfished me again as usual but I don't feel so bad because she outfished our friend Andy also. (He guides on the Madison during the Summer).

On another note....a friend of mine has invited me to hit Flaming Gorge with him the last weekend of the month. Going after the Macs when they follow the Bows in to spawn.

Never fished Macs before, I think I would like to throw streamers at them, any ideas for patterns??? Or should I show them egg patterns instead???

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Got our older Clack relisted in the "For Sale" ads last night, already got 2 calls this morning on it, and both want to come take a look this afternoon. C'mon, sell Baby sell!! I don't want to have 2 boats anymore. lol

If we can get it sold soon then we can just about have my wife's 4-Runner paid off. That would be nice.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Hey Fysh,
I thought I saw this on Roughing it Outdoors last year but can't remember. Last ice off this guy was throwing a 12 inch rainbow pattern at the Gorge from the shore and killed it! It showed a picture of him holding a lake Trout easily over 40 inches. I think I sharted when I saw the picture of the guy on the shore with that fish and fly rod behind him!

Good luck on selling the boat. Car payments suck, I have two!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: Spring is here so this is the time to sell the old boat, good luck.

Larry
Old 03-18-2009, 12:50 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Anybody want to let us know what your final four picks are? I've got Louisville, Memphis, Duke, and........UNC. UNC was the hardest pick for me as I think their success in the tourney hinges totally on Ty Lawsons toe being healthy or not. I think they will get through the first 2 rounds without him and then he will be able to contribute.

Anyone else?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromney View Post
Hey Fysh,
I thought I saw this on Roughing it Outdoors last year but can't remember. Last ice off this guy was throwing a 12 inch rainbow pattern at the Gorge from the shore and killed it! It showed a picture of him holding a lake Trout easily over 40 inches. I think I sharted when I saw the picture of the guy on the shore with that fish and fly rod behind him!

Good luck on selling the boat. Car payments suck, I have two!

I missed that episode.
Ya darn near made my knees buckle with them #'s. And shartin is not a good thang. lol

We have 2 also and both will be pd off within 12 months, We cannot wait. Best thing is....neither one of us is ready to jump back into another car payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Fysh: Spring is here so this is the time to sell the old boat, good luck.

Larry,
The boat SOLD today!!!
Amazing that we just relisted it last night.

Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian.ducker View Post
Anybody want to let us know what your final four picks are? I've got Louisville, Memphis, Duke, and........UNC. UNC was the hardest pick for me as I think their success in the tourney hinges totally on Ty Lawsons toe being healthy or not. I think they will get through the first 2 rounds without him and then he will be able to contribute.

Anyone else?
Dorian,
Honestly I don't have any idea this year. Maybe Louisville, Memphis, Utah State, and .........? I have a soft spot for the Cards, I'll explain when we're fishing.

Do you know when your heading down this way for the Green trip?
Wed afternoon/night or are you doin a real long drive Thu morning?

When are you heading back ?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Fysh: What do you normally do when you fish the Green River as far as lunch? Do I need to bring fixings for sandwiches or do you just eat a late breakfast and skip lunch?

Larry
Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Fysh: What do you normally do when you fish the Green River as far as lunch? Do I need to bring fixings for sandwiches or do you just eat a late breakfast and skip lunch?

Larry
Hiya Larry,
I try to eat a good breakfast (Oatmeal, French Toast, and Bacon. ), also the wife is pretty good at having an assortment of snacks.

Is your other person still interested in going?

My wife is wanting to leave Wed afternoon instead of early Thu morning, she hates getting up at 3:30 a.m. to go on a roadtrip, so we may end up sleeping in the back of her 4-Runner Wed night @ a local campground.

Are you going over earlier Wed to get in some time on the water?
Any idea when Dave will arrive?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Fysh:

Ok sounds good, I will just plan on a big breakfast and bringing some snacks.

The other person that had expressed an interest was Whisser from this forum. I PM'd him last Saturday but never heard back.

I'm doing the 3:30 am deal on Wed morning and have a room. I signed up with Trout Creek Outfitters to do a float on Wed. I haven't ever floated that river and thought it would be a good idea to ride down once with a guide and I might also pick up some tips on how to fish there.

I haven't heard from Davo in awhile. Earlier he mentioned that he wanted to come over on Wed evening so I decided to get a room for Wed and do some fishing.

Larry