The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 10:53 AM

mikeo will become famous soon enough
Default Cabin Fever

Well it's almost the end of February. It's been a really long winter....and far too long since I was last on the water. Thank God that the winter is almost over....and trout season is only about 8 weeks away. I was hoping I'd be reporting back on the trip south I had planned -- it was my intention to send in computer updates to this forum as often as possible. Unfortunately, plans can go astray -- or as is said by Robbie Burns "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry" -- and I've had to cancel my trip south. And put on hold my FFF certification until later. I was in an accident which left me with an injured arm, neck, and shoulder. And without a vehicle to travel south with (not that I could drive right now any way). So my past few weeks have been spent reading books and magazines and Internet forums -- mostly about fly fishing, of course. I've been unable to do any practising of fly casting (I'd been using a local horse riding academy's exercise ring to practise in. Or even much fly tying. But I've learned to type very effectively using one finger as this post shows. And I went to the recent Spring Fishing Show in Mississauga....and I'm looking forward to such coming attractions as the Fly Fishing Film Tour, the Toronto Sportsmen Show, and the Canadian Fly Fishing Forum. I'm making great progress in my physiotherapy (must be the cute therapist!!!! LOL LOL). So I expect to fully recover in plenty of time to make the trout season opener. And I can see an end to this bad bout of cabin fever.
Cheers,
Mike
P.S. Sorry I wasn't able to "hook" up with anybody as planned this winter. Hopefully I'll get a chance next winter to get out on the water with those of you who had PM'd me arranging to get together fishing while I was down south.
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 02-27-2009, 12:14 PM

MikeG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cabin Fever

I fly fished every month since June. And when I was not fly fishing I was ice fishing with flies.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:55 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cabin Fever

hope you get all healed up in time for opening day. Thankfully here in Virginia we are open year round now. Used to be April 1st opening and that would drive me nuts!

Take care now.

PS caught my first trout of the year last weekend.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.