The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's a Done Deal!

I held off posting this because, anyone that smoke cigarettes, knows how this can change from day to day.

In light of the fact that my Brother In-Law is trying to recover from a stroke and LUNG CANCER at the age of 59 is the biggest Flag.
Cigarettes just went up again today (second flag).....I have no idea what a pack or a carton cost as
.........I QUIT! Yup....ONE FULL WEEK today...no gum, not patch, my body is clean from NICOTINE!
Moments of craves, but they quickly pass. Gave up the morning cup of coffee with a cigarette in the garage for a nice quick walk with an occasional jog....still like my coffee though.

And Third Flag....Things smell pretty, including my hair and clothes....WAHOO!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM

Location: Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas
MTskibum has a spectacular aura aboutMTskibum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: It's a Done Deal!

Congrats and keep a strong will.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:47 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Well done Joni!

Clint
Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

WTG!! You smell so much better. I quite about 12 years ago and i got cravings for a year and a half but they kept getting weaker and further apart as time went by. Hang in there you will start feeling better soon too. I gained 30lbs but lost it back plus some because i have been more active since i quit

Good luck
Jim
Old 04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Joni,

My wife quit when we were in Alaska. Her worst week was the second week. I hope that doesn't happen to you. Anyway, congratulations.

Frank
Old 04-01-2009, 05:52 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

congratulations Joni. This was the single hardest thing I have EVER done. It took me 3 years YES 3 YEARS of the gum at 53.00 a week plus then a prescription to get me off the gum but DAMIT I did it.

I only list all of that because it meant everything to me to do this.
Let me know if you need any support on this. I will be glad to offer all I can.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of

Congrats Joni, my wife gave up her pack and half a day habit 6 years ago and we were lucky to stay together after that. She was pretty tough to be around for a couple months but I am so proud of her for sticking to it.

I went into the store this morning and I may have to quite my tobacco habit as well. Snuff went up by 50 cents and I think it's time to get serious about quitting. I am glad they are taxing it for CHIP but I think maybe we should look at some other things to tax as well, since the reason for taxing tobacco is it's bad for you. Why not tax fast food which has led this country to obesity, or video games and give the tax money to kids outdoor recreation programs. Sorry to rant, I don't think taxes are always the answer but if it's good for the goose why not for the Gander?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

To top it off, I am betting the taxes DON'T go for what they say they are.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:32 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Congraz Joni,
Hang tough and don't give up quitting.
I'm on day 3 of the third week on the patch.
So far so good.
Here's another incentive.
At $5.86 a pack and 1 pack a day you will save $2133.04 a year by not smoking.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I quit snuff last September when my daughter arrived. Long drives are when its toughest to have a bored mouth. I'd be prepared with lots of gum or whatever so it doesn't drive ya crazy.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.