The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 AM

mikeo will become famous soon enough
Default Far & Away

If you haven't seen Far & Away before, then I would suggest you check it out, Celebrating the essence of being “out there.”. It's a collection of fine outdoors writing and art put out on the Internet by Roger Emile Stouff (Editor and Publisher), Gary Henderson (Associate Editor), and Larry Offner (Associate Editor). Far & Away provides a place for outdoor writers to share their stories -- even hone their craft -- but mostly supplies another voice for such writers to be heard. Some very fine writers are able to get their work out there through this online magazine. (By the way, I was lucky enough to have one of my stories chosen for this most recent issue of Far & Away -- OK OK I know shameless self promotion. LOL LOL -- picture of me is same as on "Wanted Dead Or Alive" -- don't look too alive do I LOL LOL but not bad for an old guy)
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 04-20-2009, 10:22 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Far & Away

I second the endorsement for Far & Away and thank Roger and the staff for giving me an opportunity in the last edition. (I'll add my shameless self promotion as well, MikeO. And congrats on your inclusion!!! Good stuff!!!)

Far & Away - The Fish

There are definitely some interesting voices being presented.

And I like the new look!!!!

Sep
Old 04-21-2009, 01:54 PM

mikeo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Far & Away

I want to thank Roger and company as well for the opportunity to have a story of mine put into the latest Far&Away. And Sep I love your story too!!!
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach