The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 11:20 AM

Bob Lang will become famous soon enoughBob Lang will become famous soon enough
Default How's the MFR - New Post

I just noticed my latest message supposedly was posted in May of 2005. Someone needs to look into the automatic calendar.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2007 LMFRF One-Fly

Mr. Lang,
The new improvements to the LMFR are a great place to go fly fishing right now. The two areas of interest to you would be The Evening Hole and Lost Creek area. These areas have the same regulations as Zone 2: Barbless hooks, no bait, and only 1 fish over 20 inches. The closes thing to catch and release that Ok. will most likely have. It is a beautiful area and currently has lots of trout available since being stocked with most of the rearing pen trout. Lost Creek especially is stacked up. Zone 2 is fishing well this weekend. The flies were March Browns (12-16), Caddis (16), Hares Ear (1. Red Fox Squirrel Soft Hackle (10-12). I had a great time 2 weeks ago with some small midge patterns.

The One Fly was a great event if you didn't get to it this year you should really try to next year. The LMFR Foundation raised $1350 and when match 3 to 1 with the ODWC will total up to $5400 to be put into projects to help and suppport improvements to the river.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Terry
Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 PM

Bob Lang will become famous soon enoughBob Lang will become famous soon enough

Terry,

Thanks for the update. I am shooting for going down there next weekend if work allows. I had heard the State had done some work on the river and it supposedly had made things a lot better. Then I heard just the opposite. If I can break away, I hope to get there and try my luck again.

Gotta go again. Can't seem to catch a break anymore. Hopefully, the cell phone wil not work in that area.

Bob
Old 03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

Mr. Lang,
That is why I go there, my cell phone doesn't work. Hope you get there soon. Good luck!
Later,
Terry