The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default 2007 LMFRF One-Fly

Hey Guys,Just wanted to let everybody know that a date has been set for the 2007 LMFRF One-Fly Tourney. For those that don't know, its not a real hard-core competitve tournament, more of a charitable event that offers those with luck/success some short-term bragging rights. I don't plan on being scared off by the weather like I was last year. Here's a link to the info http://www.lmfrf.org/LMFRF1FlyGuidelines2007.pdf

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2007 LMFRF One-Fly

By the way, I was directed to that page by Linda King of the Three Rivers Fly Shop580.494.61153rivers@pine-net.comMust give credit where it's due!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:53 AM

MikeLove will become famous soon enoughMikeLove will become famous soon enough

Last year the event was a lot of fun.. We had about 25 register and we raised a little over a $1000.00 which went directly into river restoration projects for the Lower Mountain Fork Trout Fishery..Hope to see ya there.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

The Tourney is Saturday! Who all is coming?

Old 02-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

I'll be there with waders on!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear! I'll be dressed similarly. Sounds like rain might be an issue, but should still be fun.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Prospecting for Trout

Piscator will become famous soon enoughPiscator will become famous soon enough

Hey Cliff,
Don't worry about the rain, the fish don't mind, they are already wet. Most of the guys at the LMFRF One Fly table will know who I am so hunt me up.
Later,
Terry
Old 02-25-2007, 11:43 AM

MikeLove will become famous soon enoughMikeLove will become famous soon enough

Big Cliff,It was good to see you at the One Fly on the LMF this weekend.. I hope you enjoyed your fishing and visiting with friends...The event was a great success and we raised 1350.00 which will be matched with national fishing funds 3 to one for other improvements to this river.. We dodged the storm and the one bought of rain just made the fishing better..I was pleased with the numbers of fish caught.. see ya later..
Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know about the rain making the fishing better, but it sure did make the event a bit more adventurous. I fished around lost creek sunday morning and it was gorgeous. A bit cold, but just a beautiful day on the cool clear water.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 PM

Bob Lang will become famous soon enoughBob Lang will become famous soon enough
Default How's the MFR lately?

Cliff / David,

The last post for the MFR appears to be August 2005! I know the state/public improved the area for trout fishing. Have either one of you been down there since then? If so, how's the fishing? Where do you think is hte best place to go? I would lke to head down that way or to NW Arkansas before too long (work permitting). I had a chance to met and listen to Dave Whitlock a few weeks ago and he sure made NW Arkansas sound like the place to go. I have a fondness for Beaver's Bend however, even though I have not been there in over fifteen years.

What say you, or anyone else who may read this?

Bob