The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 02:47 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Crane Creek MO

This fall I plan on trying to fish Crane Creek a little bit in SW Missouri. I do not know a whole lot about it except that it can be some of the toughest trout fishing in the state. How accessible is it for the public and what are some good flies for the area? Also does it need to be waded, because I do not own a pair of waders and only wade when it's 70 plus outside, I can handle the cold in just shorts but much below that is a little bit to cold for me.

Thanks for any info.

p.s. How far is it from Springfield MO, i can't find anything really for certain.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:58 PM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crane Creek MO

The information you want should be found at Missouri Trout Hunter -- Everything You Need to Know to Catch Trout in Missouri. Click on "where to go" and then "Springfield area."
Old 06-24-2010, 05:53 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crane Creek MO

Thank you very much, i've been trying to do some research and had even found the missouri trout hunter site but couldn't find that. Thank you!