The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 PM

mdisbrow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Austin fly fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbilly View Post
Welcome to the forum mdisbrow. I live in the Austin area, a little bit outside of town. Lots of good water around here for fly fishing. Lakes, rivers, creeks. A kayak is a good way to access them. You don't kayak do you?
The drought has let up some, we've been getting some rain lately, so the lakes and rivers are doing better than they were.

Spring is looking good so grab that long rod and get on 'em.
You can always PM me for location advise.

David
No, I don't have a kayak and not sure that's for me. For one, I can't stand to fish sitting down. I'm a bit of a tackle junkie and let myself get fat in the freezing winters up north. I'm about 6' 230lbs, and seems to me, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for gear in your average kayak.

I've been looking for a 14'-16' aluminum boat with a 25hp tiller since I got here, but seems Texans are awfully proud of their aluminum boats.

I apologize for not responding sooner. I appreciate the welcome. I guess I now know I need to adjust my email settings here. Didn't realize anyone had replied.

As for football, I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'm an Ohio State fan. Not because of the team, but I don't know that there's a larger group of idiots that call themselves fans than OSU fans. I grew up in Atlanta though, and a pretty big GT fan as well, if that helps me win back any respect...