The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 AM
hollyw00d will become famous soon enoughhollyw00d will become famous soon enough
Default Austin fly fishing

Howdy, any places in and around Austin to get a line wet? Seems like everything's dried up these days.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:45 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Austin fly fishing

How is the guadalupe near San Marcos/New Braunfels? its dam fed, so there should be water downstream. Check out Guadalupe River Trout Unlimited . They might have a bit more info.

Addicted To Vise
Old 11-16-2011, 08:46 AM
hollyw00d will become famous soon enoughhollyw00d will become famous soon enough

Will do, thanks!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

The Guad is doing better than this summer due to some rain and lower temps. I normally fish it closer to Comfort though.

The Blanco's still crazy low, but the San Marcos and Colorado east of 35 have been productive.

The Ped has had no flow since June, don't waste your time there.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 AM

Thanks BigCliff. I may give San Marcos a go this weekend.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:41 PM

mdisbrow is on a distinguished road

I'm kind of new to Austin as well as this forum. I moved down here from Ohio/Lake Erie last fall. I've been reading the forum for quite a while, initially had some trouble registering a while back.

Anyway, I know this thread has been dead for a couple of months, but figured this the most appropriate place to say hey.

I fish a lot for bass on conventional tackle, spent the last few years up north catching smallmouth and walleye, and the winters chasing steelhead in the rivers just to stay sane.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdisbrow View Post
I'm kind of new to Austin as well as this forum. I moved down here from Ohio/Lake Erie last fall. I've been reading the forum for quite a while, initially had some trouble registering a while back.

Anyway, I know this thread has been dead for a couple of months, but figured this the most appropriate place to say hey.

I fish a lot for bass on conventional tackle, spent the last few years up north catching smallmouth and walleye, and the winters chasing steelhead in the rivers just to stay sane.
mdisbrow: Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum mdisbrow...Glad to have you on board and am tickled you are not a true Texan. Being from Oklahoma I can tell you there football team plays girly ball.

Dave
Old 03-06-2012, 04:43 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Welcome to the forum mdisbrow...Glad to have you on board and am tickled you are not a true Texan. Being from Oklahoma I can tell you there football team plays girly ball.
That will happen when your focus changes from playing basic football to superstar overpaid coachs and being a professional college team with your own TV network. The actual game got lost in it all somewhere. Sorry, short rant.

Welcome to the forum mdisbrow. I live in the Austin area, a little bit outside of town. Lots of good water around here for fly fishing. Lakes, rivers, creeks. A kayak is a good way to access them. You don't kayak do you?
The drought has let up some, we've been getting some rain lately, so the lakes and rivers are doing better than they were.

Spring is looking good so grab that long rod and get on 'em.
You can always PM me for location advise.

David
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 AM

9piferad is on a distinguished road

Well, there are the Guadulaupe, Brazos and San Gabriel as far as I know. Any body new to the Austin area might want to check out Austin Fly Fishers or San Gabriel Fly Fishers or the previously mentioned GRTU. Iv checked them all out, and many great people at each of them. If you want any info on any of them, just shoot me a pm and I can get you in contact with any of them.