The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Lower Mid-U.S. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lower-mid-u-s/)
-   -   St. Louis Streams (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lower-mid-u-s/285157-st-louis-streams.html)

kdeutman 06-05-2012 02:45 PM

St. Louis Streams

Was wondering if anyone knew of some good streams near the surrounding St. Louis area. It doesn't have to have trout filled. I fish pretty frequently but it is mostly at county parks and well known fishing spots. I am tired of fishing elbow to elbow and fishing slammed spots all the time. Thanks in advance. Also if someone wants a fishing buddy pm me!

stl_geoff 06-06-2012 10:18 AM

Re: St. Louis Streams

What do you wanna catch? there are lotsof streams with lots of things in them that no one fishes.

jack crack jones 06-06-2012 11:28 AM

You may wish to check out the Ozark Anglers Forum. More specific to the Ozarks, but has some information there about the STL area, and if you register/post your question there, the responses will likely be more informative.

Link is: OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

kdeutman 06-06-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl_geoff (Post 460312)
What do you wanna catch? there are lotsof streams with lots of things in them that no one fishes.

I have mostly been going for bass because I know they are in abundance but I'm am open for anything. Trout would be nice but that seems too far to drive every weekend. I have been meaning to try some of the streams south but I think most of them are used for floating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack crack jones (Post 460327)
You may wish to check out the Ozark Anglers Forum. More specific to the Ozarks, but has some information there about the STL area, and if you register/post your question there, the responses will likely be more informative.

Link is: OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

I will have to check that place out. Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

stl_geoff 06-07-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdeutman (Post 460436)
I have mostly been going for bass because I know they are in abundance but I'm am open for anything. Trout would be nice but that seems too far to drive every weekend. I have been meaning to try some of the streams south but I think most of them are used for floating.

I will have to check that place out. Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

There can be trout had within an hours drive of ST. Louis. I've caught them. there are tons of little creeks and streams all littered around the outskirts of the county that have plenty of fish in them.

Ozark Anglers is a good fourm, it can be alittle slow at times since its seems it the same group of folks always posting.

kdeutman 06-07-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl_geoff (Post 460663)
There can be trout had within an hours drive of ST. Louis. I've caught them. there are tons of little creeks and streams all littered around the outskirts of the county that have plenty of fish in them.

Ozark Anglers is a good fourm, it can be alittle slow at times since its seems it the same group of folks always posting.

Where did you go for the trout? I guess I'll just have to drive around more.

stl_geoff 06-07-2012 12:57 PM

Blue Springs creek. its in Borubon, MO. Then there is Mill creek, little piney and roudiuex in rolla. There are some other places with trout that are MUCH closer, but they are very tricky to come by and you have to know people who know people.

kdeutman 06-07-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl_geoff (Post 460724)
Blue Springs creek. its in Borubon, MO. Then there is Mill creek, little piney and roudiuex in rolla. There are some other places with trout that are MUCH closer, but they are very tricky to come by and you have to know people who know people.

I will for sure try those places out sometime. I think I'm going to ask the guys up at THargrove for some places. Thanks.

stl_geoff 06-08-2012 08:38 AM

They should tell you a couple of them. I've been going there for the better part of 15 years now and they STILL wont tell me some places. ;)

medic77 07-20-2012 07:35 PM

Meramec State park out I-44 is within an hour of you and you can catch tons of stockers. I fish the creeks around here for smallmouth at the Joachim and Plattin creeks. The Meramec would be good too. I live 30 miles south of the Stl.

Derrick