The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 02:45 PM

kdeutman is on a distinguished road
Default St. Louis Streams

Was wondering if anyone knew of some good streams near the surrounding St. Louis area. It doesn't have to have trout filled. I fish pretty frequently but it is mostly at county parks and well known fishing spots. I am tired of fishing elbow to elbow and fishing slammed spots all the time. Thanks in advance. Also if someone wants a fishing buddy pm me!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:18 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: St. Louis Streams

What do you wanna catch? there are lotsof streams with lots of things in them that no one fishes.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 06-06-2012, 11:28 AM

jack crack jones is on a distinguished road

You may wish to check out the Ozark Anglers Forum. More specific to the Ozarks, but has some information there about the STL area, and if you register/post your question there, the responses will likely be more informative.

Link is: OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
What do you wanna catch? there are lotsof streams with lots of things in them that no one fishes.

I have mostly been going for bass because I know they are in abundance but I'm am open for anything. Trout would be nice but that seems too far to drive every weekend. I have been meaning to try some of the streams south but I think most of them are used for floating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack crack jones View Post
You may wish to check out the Ozark Anglers Forum. More specific to the Ozarks, but has some information there about the STL area, and if you register/post your question there, the responses will likely be more informative.

Link is: OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
I will have to check that place out. Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeutman View Post
I have mostly been going for bass because I know they are in abundance but I'm am open for anything. Trout would be nice but that seems too far to drive every weekend. I have been meaning to try some of the streams south but I think most of them are used for floating.

I will have to check that place out. Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
There can be trout had within an hours drive of ST. Louis. I've caught them. there are tons of little creeks and streams all littered around the outskirts of the county that have plenty of fish in them.

Ozark Anglers is a good fourm, it can be alittle slow at times since its seems it the same group of folks always posting.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 06-07-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
There can be trout had within an hours drive of ST. Louis. I've caught them. there are tons of little creeks and streams all littered around the outskirts of the county that have plenty of fish in them.

Ozark Anglers is a good fourm, it can be alittle slow at times since its seems it the same group of folks always posting.
Where did you go for the trout? I guess I'll just have to drive around more.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Blue Springs creek. its in Borubon, MO. Then there is Mill creek, little piney and roudiuex in rolla. There are some other places with trout that are MUCH closer, but they are very tricky to come by and you have to know people who know people.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 06-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Blue Springs creek. its in Borubon, MO. Then there is Mill creek, little piney and roudiuex in rolla. There are some other places with trout that are MUCH closer, but they are very tricky to come by and you have to know people who know people.
I will for sure try those places out sometime. I think I'm going to ask the guys up at THargrove for some places. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:38 AM

They should tell you a couple of them. I've been going there for the better part of 15 years now and they STILL wont tell me some places.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 PM

medic77 will become famous soon enough

Meramec State park out I-44 is within an hour of you and you can catch tons of stockers. I fish the creeks around here for smallmouth at the Joachim and Plattin creeks. The Meramec would be good too. I live 30 miles south of the Stl.

Derrick