The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 08:20 PM

dennis_t is on a distinguished road
Default New To Forum New to River Fishing

This is all new to me. I've been a lake fisherman (mostly walleye) for over 50 years. But I've got an addiction to it and want to try something different. So here I am. Ready to make the wife mad, again, buying fishing gear. Going to give fly fishing a try. So, I'm going to get a inflatable pontoon and a fly rod. What are the best streams, rivers, etc to fish. I'm really not wanting to stand in cold water for several hours. Hence the boat. Where are the best places to start for a rookie with a boat? I figured I'm going to have to motor up-stream and then float down. Is this the way to do it? Or am I missing something? I live between Springfield and Bolivar. I do have a 5th wheel camper so somewhere that has a campground would be ideal. But day trips would work too. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To Forum New to River Fishing

Don't know anything about your area, but wanted to say 'welcome'