The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Lower Mid-U.S. (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lower-mid-u-s/)
-   -   Fishing friends (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lower-mid-u-s/307800-fishing-friends.html)

desertfly83 01-13-2013 01:11 PM

Fishing friends

Hi there just wanted to see if there was anyone that fly fishes in west Texas I'm looking for people to fish with

littledavid123 01-13-2013 02:26 PM

Re: Fishing friends

I am in Victoria, Cuero, Three Rivers and Coutula all the time. Work here but live in northern Arkansas, haven't fished here but could probably swing something. Also BigCliff lives in Austin and fishes a lot.

Dave

mcnerney 01-13-2013 03:08 PM

If your willing to do a road trip, come up to Wyoming and fish with me. I have a drift boat and there is lots of water nearby to wet a line.

Larry

desertfly83 01-14-2013 01:52 PM

Thanks guys I'm geting ready to go to a fly guide school in Montana thanx Larry for the invite

mcnerney 01-14-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertfly83 (Post 516175)
Thanks guys I'm geting ready to go to a fly guide school in Montana thanx Larry for the invite

What time of year are you headed up to MT? If you decide to drive up to MT, I might be in your path, I have a drift boat we could fish out of if the water is running. The Green and New Fork are pretty easy floats, no real obstacles so it is a good place to learn to row a drift boat on.

Larry

Guest1 01-14-2013 02:04 PM

I don't have a drift boat, but I have two float tubes. :D I'm pretty far out of the way here in Minnesota but if you ever wander up this way.

desertfly83 01-14-2013 05:56 PM

@ Larry I'm going to try to drive up there in may or June and Dave thank you for the invite if I'm ever up that way ill be sure to look u up

riverbilly 01-14-2013 05:56 PM

Not in West Texas, but outside out Austin. Not really worth the drive from San Angelo until it warms up some, but if you find yourself in the Austin area for some reason let me know. I fish about every weekend.

I haven't been out that way in a long. I'd be surprised if ya'll have much water out there to fish. Where do you fish?

mcnerney 01-14-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertfly83 (Post 516277)
@ Larry I'm going to try to drive up there in may or June and Dave thank you for the invite if I'm ever up that way ill be sure to look u up

OK, sounds good, sent you a PM with my cell number.

Larry

desertfly83 01-15-2013 01:30 PM

I was fishing at some of our lakes here in San Angelo but there isent much action same with the river @ Larry ill be sure to give you a cal when I get up your way if I can land a job wile I'm up I'm up there Id like to move up that way if I can afford it