The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 AM

markg52 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Beaver Lake Tailwaters

Back 15-20 years ago it was very common to have 60+ fish days below Beaver on Olive Woolies or Sow Bugs. Now days it seems like 15-20 is a really good day. I generally fish a Davy's Whitetail, Ruby Midge, Y2K, or trial and error until I find a pattern they like. It might even be the old Olive Woolie or Sow Bug. Sometimes you can do pretty well skating a soft hackle trough the run down below the bathhouse and switch to midge/nymph/streamer where it pools out. My last trip up there I fished by the boat ramp up by the dam and did pretty well on Davy's Whitetails. First time I had fished that far up in many years. I normally fish the old "C&R" section or down at Parker. FYI, I don't fish Beaver as hard as I used to, ie, daylight to dark. There are some good fish in Beaver, just not the numbers there used to be, in my opinion anyway.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM

scott11t is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beaver Lake Tailwaters

Well let us know how it goes!