The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Flyfisher for men
  • 1 Post By mridenour
  • 2 Post By jgentile
  • 1 Post By stl_geoff
  • 1 Post By r reese

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 10:19 AM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all
Default Anyone fishing the Ozarks this year

Anyone planning a trip into the Ozarks this year?

I'm currently looking at snow and mountains of grad school work. Dreams of Bennett Springs, Taneycomo, Montauk, and the White are floating through me head.

I'm thinking a trip to Taneycomo or Bennett Springs might be in the works.
mridenour likes this.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:28 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone fishing the Ozarks this year

Going out in just a few minutes to the Lil Red Have only fished the White and Norfolk but not often. If you have a date set I could probably meet you there if it coincides with my days off.

Dave
Old 02-14-2014, 10:32 AM
mridenour

I will spend a lot of time there this year. Will be at the Current outside Montauk next month and definitely spending a week at Taneycomo in July. There will be lots of other trips as well.
jgentile likes this.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:46 AM

jgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nice

I hit my favorite water yesterday. Check out my report. Confessions of a Trout Bum
stl_geoff and mridenour like this.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:51 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Gonna give it a try.

I've got two little boys who are chomping at the bit to get back to Montauk. lol.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:00 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

The Ozarks are a hop skip and a jump for me. So yeah, I'll be out in them at some point thru out the year

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgentile View Post
I hit my favorite water yesterday. Check out my report. Confessions of a Trout Bum
and holy poop!! what a brown!!! that's very high on my goals this year, a big brown in the State....
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-14-2014, 06:00 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Fish RR trout park and all the white tailwaters almost every weekend. I live in Springdale AR
mridenour likes this.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:24 PM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Going out in just a few minutes to the Lil Red Have only fished the White and Norfolk but not often. If you have a date set I could probably meet you there if it coincides with my days off.

Dave

Not sure when it will work for me yet. I'll try to remember to post when I get a chance to go.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

I'm insanely jealous of all of you right now!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:56 PM

goldeneye is on a distinguished road

The fishing has been pretty decent in southeast Oklahoma on the Lower Mountain Fork. The crowds haven't been too bad on the weekends thus far.