The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 08:48 AM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all
Default So, how was the Missouri trout opener?

Anybody do it this year? Stories, pics, commentary, please.

Never got to one myself. (Part of me is scared!)
Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice
Default Re: So, how was the Missouri trout opener?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher for men View Post
Anybody do it this year? Stories, pics, commentary, please.

Never got to one myself. (Part of me is scared!)
I came in from Montana this week and was considering it.... It would be something to see, that's for sure. But then I saw a few pics from last year and it changed my mind. There is a winter storm warning for this afternoon, so it may have actually been a good day to go. I'm sure the ice warning kept some of the city crowd at home.

I'm hoping that someone posts some pics too...
Old 03-01-2014, 10:59 AM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by labradorguy View Post
But then I saw a few pics from last year and it changed my mind.
I saw their webcam and it didn't look as crowded as I expected. I would ike to do one someday just to experience it.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:59 AM

jgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nice

While there are many who enjoy the MO trout parks you couldn't pay me to be there on opening day. Too many people. Too much nonsense. Not my cup of tea/scotch.
mridenour likes this.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:13 AM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

Where is the webcam at? Do you have a link? That's cool. I didn't know that they had that. It would be fun to watch... A bit like watching Jerry Springer, except on the water.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:36 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Its at Bennett Spring, right now its looking at the bridge opposite the spill way

Trout Cam | Missouri State Parks

I never go to Opening days, I could really care less about it since I fish for the trout in places outside the parks.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 03-01-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Its at Bennett Spring, right now its looking at the bridge opposite the spill way

Trout Cam | Missouri State Parks

I never go to Opening days, I could really care less about it since I fish for the trout in places outside the parks.

Thanks for the link. I agree, they can keep it. lol.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

No way I would go to something like that, I try to go when there is less people.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:49 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Roaring River not to badClick the image to open in full size.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:09 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading our state trout management plan the other day and in the section where they were discussing "angler hours per mile" they compared the busiest single river section here in CT to a Missouri trout park

The average Missouri Trout Park yearly "angler hours per mile" (in 1999).... 80,000!