The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 11:01 AM

peter hanman will become famous soon enoughpeter hanman will become famous soon enough
Default I Found A Fly Shop in Kansas City!

Hey Everyone!

So I have been fly fishing for a little over two years now and its been great. However living in Kansas City has left a big challenge to find an actual fly shop in the area that is not connected to a cabelas or bass pro. Not to say that these stores aren't great but they lack that "fly shop" feel of camaraderie that I know most stores dedicated to the sport have, plus I know that a lot of cabelas and pass pro's stuff is fairly overpriced. After two years of searching I had all but resigned myself to the fact that a fly shop in KC didn't exsist until (ironically) a worker at the fly shop of my local bass pro told me of Rainbow fly shop in Independance, Missouri. As soon as I stepped into the shop I knew I had found what I was looking for. It is a great shop with great pricing on all their materials and merchandise. The staff is friendly and helpful and they give a free fly tying class on thursday evenings. If you are a fly fisher in the KC area I would highly recommend checking this place out.

Tight Lines
Old 03-07-2014, 08:26 PM

hellerhighwater has a spectacular aura abouthellerhighwater has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I Found A Fly Shop in Kansas City!

Look up the shop in overland park
Old 03-08-2014, 10:41 AM

shifty242 has a spectacular aura aboutshifty242 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I Found A Fly Shop in Kansas City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter hanman View Post
Hey Everyone!

So I have been fly fishing for a little over two years now and its been great. However living in Kansas City has left a big challenge to find an actual fly shop in the area that is not connected to a cabelas or bass pro. Not to say that these stores aren't great but they lack that "fly shop" feel of camaraderie that I know most stores dedicated to the sport have, plus I know that a lot of cabelas and pass pro's stuff is fairly overpriced. After two years of searching I had all but resigned myself to the fact that a fly shop in KC didn't exsist until (ironically) a worker at the fly shop of my local bass pro told me of Rainbow fly shop in Independance, Missouri. As soon as I stepped into the shop I knew I had found what I was looking for. It is a great shop with great pricing on all their materials and merchandise. The staff is friendly and helpful and they give a free fly tying class on thursday evenings. If you are a fly fisher in the KC area I would highly recommend checking this place out.

Tight Lines
I lived in Kansas City for 9 years. K&K fly shop (KKFLYFISHER.COM - Fly Fishing Rods, Reels, Waders, Lines, Fly Tying Supplies) on Grant st in Overland Park has been in business since 1987. I did lots of business with them before I escaped to a warmer climate. And I still get their catalog. Check out their store. At the very least, you know have two local options...