The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 09:27 AM
mridenour

Default Current River May 9, 10, 11

Anyone up for a trip to the Current? I have a couple tents and we could sleep cheap and fish a LOT! I'll head down Friday after work and return to the St. Louis area Sunday afternoon. My truck seats 4 almost comfortably, 5 miserably and 6 impossibly (these numbers are based on moderate butt sizing). We could take more than one vehicle. My tents can each sleep 3 comfortably. We could divide the group into snoring and non-snoring!
mcnerney, stl_geoff and jgentile like this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 AM
mridenour

Default Re: Current River May 9, 10, 11

None of you Missouri guys interested in going fishing???
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mike: It is too far for me to go, besides I have plans this weekend to float the Green with some other forum members. Seth (qacwac) and I are doing a float today. A winter storm blew through last night and dumped another couple inches of snow on the ground. This winter weather just doesn't want to stop. I'm hoping Seth can make it through Hoback canyon on the way down from Jackson.

Larry
mridenour likes this.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 AM
mridenour

Ok, I'll let you off the hook this time. Good luck on your trip! Seth will make it if he knows what is good for him...lol!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:50 AM

jgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nice

Mike,

I try to avoid the river on the weekends, but I am probably headed to the Current this Thursday if you want to ride down with me. Call it a pre-trip recon session!
mridenour likes this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 AM
mridenour

I'd like to but I am stuck with weekends until July. Using the last of my vacation then to go to Branson fishing then get reloaded with time off September 1st.
mcnerney and jgentile like this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:26 PM

troutn has a spectacular aura abouttroutn has a spectacular aura about

Mike, next time we go, the GoPro is back on Jack! Ordered another out of my fishing fund today! Will have next week. Look forward to some video posts coming up on the forum.
Rick
Old 04-17-2014, 02:39 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I'd be down for it BUT i'll be in Alabama hopefully catching redfish. I need to go touch some trout soon though.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM
mridenour

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
I'd be down for it BUT i'll be in Alabama hopefully catching redfish. I need to go touch some trout soon though.
I think I am going to put it off till the next weekend. The wives decided to change the date they are going out of town so I guess I will too.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Well, if that's the case, I might have to see what I can do. Im sure my wife will want me gone after spending a whole week with her
mridenour and troutn like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher