The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 07:26 PM

markfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the roughmarkfrid is a jewel in the rough
Default Any damage reports from Montauk or Bennett?

The stream gauges show some extremely high peaks. Anybody heard any news? They just got done with the new hatchery at Bennett - now this!

Mark
Old 01-03-2016, 07:48 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any damage reports from Montauk or Bennett?

they are fine. holes moved, some filled in, some are new. couple of tress are down. the rivers flashed and then went back to usual. They didnt have the flooding like we had here.
mcnerney, markfrid and huntschool like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-03-2016, 08:39 PM

Flyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to behold

That's good to hear.

Meramec might be the one to get hit. I saw that the river flooded, but couldn't tell much more from the news.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:41 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Meremec got JACKED UP. The spring probably moved around a bunch of levels and might still be off color. Down here by me it was BAD. out of the 10 major highways in and out of STL, only 2 stayed open. Close to me the river was 45' above average.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Down here by me it was BAD. out of the 10 major highways in and out of STL, only 2 stayed open. Close to me the river was 45' above average.
Geoff: I knew it was pretty bad, but 45' above average is hard to put your head around, that is a lot of water.
markfrid, huntschool and mridenour like this.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:58 AM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

Where my brother lives was literally an island and they were stuck there for almost a week. If you could see how small of a river the Meremac is and how big it got, you'd be amazed. It wasn't like the long-term flooding we had in 1993 but water went places it has never been before.

I'm wanting to get down to the Current this weekend and check it out.
mcnerney, markfrid and huntschool like this.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:32 AM

Flyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to beholdFlyfisher for men is a splendid one to behold

I hadn't a chance to get beck to his thread, but I can only imagine....

Any further reports?
mridenour likes this.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:46 PM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher for men View Post
I hadn't a chance to get beck to his thread, but I can only imagine....

Any further reports?
We'll be on the Current Saturday morning. Will post a full report.
markfrid likes this.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:19 PM

jgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to all

Mike,

As of today the Current is still at 2.16 at the gauge and running at 314 cfs. IMO it is too dangerous to wade. I won't wade until it is at max 200 cfs. I ain't as good as I once was, but I still take more than a few unnecessary risks at my ripe old age of 53. If you go, be careful, bring a wading staff and be prepared to fish the park.

Here is a link to the USGS. USGS Current Conditions for USGS 07064440 Current River at Montauk State Park, MO
markfrid and mridenour like this.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgentile View Post
Mike,

As of today the Current is still at 2.16 at the gauge and running at 314 cfs. IMO it is too dangerous to wade. I won't wade until it is at max 200 cfs. I ain't as good as I once was, but I still take more than a few unnecessary risks at my ripe old age of 53. If you go, be careful, bring a wading staff and be prepared to fish the park.

Here is a link to the USGS. USGS Current Conditions for USGS 07064440 Current River at Montauk State Park, MO
Yeah, I've been checking flows. Probably have to pick our spots for fishing rather than just walk downstream into big holes.

I keep that info at a touch of a button on my phone...lol.