The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2005, 01:11 AM

MikeLove will become famous soon enoughMikeLove will become famous soon enough
Default Lower Mountain Fork Fishing report

Had a great evening. Made the Evening Hole my first stop at 7:00 p.m. tonight(saturday). Stepped into the river bed with a hex hatch going on..I caught 5 rainbows on a crippled hex emerger by 8:20 p.m. It is really a great place to fish. I then went to Zone 2 fished till 11:00 p.m. under a full moon. Caught some on black boogers and the same hex emerger. Landed 9 fish for the evening and hooked up on several others.. One Great Evening on the LMFR..mike
Old 08-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default Re: Lower Mountain Fork Fishing report

Great job Mike!!!

Old 08-29-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Lower Mountain Fork Fishing report

I fished zone 2 Friday evening and found fish very active in the last hour before dark. Caught beautiful 18" large brown on zebra midge along with 3 other nice rainbows. I was asked by a friend to take retired Vice-Admiral Phil Balisle of the State of Virginia fishing Sat & Sunday mornings. We both caught Nice Rainbows before light at the zone 2 dam. After light they got a little finnicky so we moved down river and fished rising fish with more success on drys. It was great to take a new friend who has had a chance to fish many places from Scotland to Chile. The real treat was when he declared me his Hero as I get to fish such a great fishery several times each week. A great weekend.. mike
Old 09-07-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Lower Mountain Fork Fishing report

Wed night mid-week fishing trip to the zone 2 dam. Found only two other fisherman fishing after the generators quit about 7:00 P.M. Put on a sulfur dry mayfly and WHAM!! 18" big rainbow ran circles around me for at least 5 minutes. That was the way it was till after dark. Had at least a dozen fish on and landed half that many.. I fished that dry only, however my friend John Beboa caught maybe more than I on a sulfur soft hackle..It was one of my better evening fishing trips..Heck any time I get my rod bent nearly double its a great fishing trip...you"ll come. mike