The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 AM

TXfly is on a distinguished road
Default Trout for thanksgiving...

i'm driving down from Nebraska to Amarillo, TX in a few weeks and set aside an extra 2 days so I can take an extended road trip and fish a few areas thru the central/western side of Kansas, and the Oklahoma panhandle.

i've been looking on a few maps I have of the Midwest U.S. for rivers that cross along the midwest or western side of the state for places i can stop along the way and go throw my line out as I go.

I'm not asking for ''that super secret sweet spot" but if anyone has any good suggestions on specific flies to use, or any experience they've had on any of these rivers i would greatly appriciate it.

-North Fork & South Fork (solomon River)
-Saline river
-Smokey Hill river
-Pawnee river
-Arkansas river
-Cimarron river

I searched this forum as well as a few others and only found threads on the cimarron and arkansas rivers, but most of them contained info on summertime fly fishing, and i dont know how much this information would change as fall rolls around.
(almost all my fly fishing experience has been in South Texas and Colorado.)
Old 11-04-2008, 11:40 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Trout for thanksgiving...

Anything particular you'd like to be fishing for?