The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the United States > Lower Mid-U.S.

Lower Mid-U.S. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 AM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice
Default Re: Movin to Arkansas

I just fished the Norfork and White below the Norfork and caught Brown's, Bow's, and 2 Brookies... Didn't get my single day grand slam but came close. Water was down I fished just below the Norfork dam and boated the White. I wish I was only 2 hours away. I would be down there every weekend.

Enjoy all the Arkansas offers. I just wish the fishery down there wasn't hurt two years ago with all the flooding. It does look like fish are getting to the size they talked about.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:05 PM

chicagojohn will become famous soon enoughchicagojohn will become famous soon enough

I've looked at the Rio 15ft. type 3 and type 6 sinking tips for fishing the White River area as well as a few larger rivers in Michigan. Would a 3ips or a 6ips rated line suit me better for streamer fishing in your area?

Do you use a sink tip or full sink line for the rivers down there?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

The sink tip would work if they are not pushing much water, but if your at the White and they open all the way up, you'll need as heavy a line as you can possibly imagine to get down to the fish. Hit dock edges with big streamers in 10-30 feet of water and you'll find some huge browns.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:24 PM

ddombos2 will become famous soon enoughddombos2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to ddombos2 Send a message via Skype™ to ddombos2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojohn View Post
I've looked at the Rio 15ft. type 3 and type 6 sinking tips for fishing the White River area as well as a few larger rivers in Michigan. Would a 3ips or a 6ips rated line suit me better for streamer fishing in your area?

Do you use a sink tip or full sink line for the rivers down there?
After I did my fishing on the White, I went out and bought a Rio 24ft Streamertip in 6ips.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:40 PM

rapid eddy has a spectacular aura aboutrapid eddy has a spectacular aura about

Well, how is your relocation panning out? I live here in West Plains, Mo. if ya need any info on area waters. Just got back from the Spring River just across the border in Ark. Did 3 limits and was only in the water 30 min., of course they dont call me the Surgeon for nothing. Below Cotter is good. Done that. White River has a trophy area. Be sure and check the regs for details. I'll do ya a PM and a phone # if ya need anything.
EDDY
Old 02-05-2012, 04:45 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Eddy, Alcorn hasn't posted since March of last year.

Dave
Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 PM

bchase58 will become famous soon enough

Arkansas has some great trout fishing opportunities and where you are moving you will be right in the middle of it. From Conway you are a couple of hours away from the Norfork river. In my opinion this is one of the most under rated rivers in the state. The past few times I have fished Norfork the cutthroat have really been active. Also you will be close to the Little Red River (the main river I fish) which was home to the world record brown trout caught in the early 90's.