The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 06:09 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough
Smile Hello There

I'm totally new to this forum, but not really to fly fishing. I was first introduced to a fly rod by my late friend Louis Davis in South Dakota back in 1955 concentrating mostly on bass, crappies and sunfish. I taught myself to tie flies-my first creations using pheasant feathers and much too large hooks. God knows what the fish thought they were, but they did their best to destroy them as fast as I could tie them. Didn't fish for trout till 1968 in eastern Washington for brookies, bows , cutthroats and the occasional brownie, but I was hooked for life. Due to commitments-family-moving to england, having to pay bills my fishing stopped from 1979-2007 but since I returned to it I've embraced it in a big way. I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like to as I don't drive and haven't so far been able to find anyone to go out with, but I'm an optimist and hope that'll soon change. My fly-tying is certainly not professional level, but they catch fish so I must be doing something right. The last time I actually was fishing was on Banks Lake, eastern Washington on the 21st June,2010, the first time I'd been back to visit the USA in eleven years! I look forward to chatting to some of you and perhaps picking up a few tips from you members of the forum. If anyone reading this Does want someone to go fishing with please e-mail me at "bydthiel07@yahoo.co.uk" to get contact details. Thank You and "Tight Lines"

Last edited by flytier07; 02-06-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM

ghostdncr has a spectacular aura aboutghostdncr has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hello There

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you're getting back into this great sport. Where are you living now? Still in England? I'm pretty sure you'll find some forum members to fish with wherever you live.

the764
Old 02-04-2011, 08:57 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

I've been living here in northwest england for nine years this month (South Manchester Area though officially the county of Cheshire). Lived 30 years in London before that. Met my wife Sue who is english of course while stationed in what was then West Germany in 1967 while on leave and we married in 1969. Was fed up with the JFK assasination, the Vietnam war and how Nixon's administration treated vets like me so decided to emigrate here. Wasn't easy at first, but I managed and we had a son who now lives in Brisbane, Australia and daughter who still lives in London. Had all my tackle stolen in 1979, some of which had great sentimental value to me which put me off any form of fishing for 29 years, but as retirement loomed I decided there was no better way to spend it. Thanks for the chat and hope to here from you again. By the way where are you anyway?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 AM

ghostdncr has a spectacular aura aboutghostdncr has a spectacular aura about

I'm in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. I fish everything from moist ditches you can step across, up to the Ohio River that runs alongside the city and is almost a mile wide. I'm quite involved in Spey casting, so if I lived near you we could take a crack at the salmon!

the764
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard and looking forward to hearing about your fishing in England!

Larry

Old 02-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

here....from across the pond.I often went to London a few years ago and knew some nice flyshops there
Old 02-04-2011, 03:03 PM

Lived in London more than thirty years, but the shops I knew have closed I'm afraid-used to have a good one -Don's of Edmonton, North London, but when I tried to look it up last fall it had gone some years back. There's some useful salmon and sea trout fishing up here around Manchester if you ever get over this way-look me up and I'll pass you my contact details-i.e. e-mail address