The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 PM

tilden is on a distinguished road
Default Please allow me to introduce myself...

Although I am not new to life I am new to fly fishing. Fishing was something I did a lot of as a kid, now, not so much. I plan on taking two classes being offered at a local fly store. They have a beginning knot tying class and a "Practical Casting" class coming up.

I also plan on learning much from this forum. Including which rod and reel to start with, where to find a local stream to practice--live in the Twin Cities--, and much, much more.

Please give me any guidance you can.

Thank you,

T.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all
Default Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hello T and welcome to the forum. Happy to have you join us. You are wise to take advantage of your local classes. You'll have a great foundation to build on. Keep us posted on your progress and dont be bashful about asking questions. Thats what everyone is here for, to ask and answer.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

T. Good to have you here.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

T: Welcome aboard! The best rod and reel is like buying Chevys vs Fords. You already have started a relationship with your local fly shop......very wise move on your part! You will get a chance to try casting several different models, pay attention to how each feels in YOUR hands, that is the best way to figure out which rod/reel combo will be the best for your style of casting and within your budget. We look forward to hearing your your progress, don't hesitate to ask questions.

Larry

Old 02-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Tilden,

Good intro line for all of us pushing 60 we remember the line well Glad you found us,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

T

Welcome to the fun!! Enjoy!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 02-09-2011, 07:24 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum! You're not far from some excellent trout fishing. Great journey!

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum from a fellow frozen Minnesotan. What kind of fish do you plan to go after? Much of the advice we can give will be based on that.
Dan
Old 02-14-2011, 10:04 PM

tilden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Welcome to the forum from a fellow frozen Minnesotan. What kind of fish do you plan to go after? Much of the advice we can give will be based on that.
Dan
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the welcome. I will be going after trout in the SE part of MN, that, or, on the Kinnickinnic River in WS. That is my plan now, but it will change as I get better. I have been in your neck of the woods back in the 90's fishing walleye. You are in some mighty fine country.

Look forward to learning much from you and the fellow members.

Best regards,

T.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:55 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the Madhouse, Tilden-Mad about fly fishing, of course! Lovely part of the country to live in. Flew into Minneapolis last May an my way to visit my sister in eastern South Dakota and was very impressed by all the waters in the area. Reckon 10.000 lakes as your license plates claim is an Under estimate! Tight Lines and hope we can help you on your fly fishing journeys-and I'd Love to get back to fish around the Ely area where I fished many moons ago for walleyes, northern pike and some sizeable lake trout.