The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 10:37 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hello from the Black Hills, SD

To Fred-yes I'm afraid money talks and there are no where near enough politicians who fish any more or even appreciate being out in the fresh air-whatever's left of it so we'd better take advantage of it while we can. What's the fishing like in that part of Oregon.? I know the Rogue in California is productive, but never heard about the Oregon section of it. I see in one of our uk fly fishing magazines there are vacancies on a Derbyshire river for the coming season £200(about$350.00) The season is June 15- October 15th
Old 02-13-2011, 11:00 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Hello from the Black Hills, SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytier07 View Post
To Fred-yes I'm afraid money talks and there are no where near enough politicians who fish any more or even appreciate being out in the fresh air-whatever's left of it so we'd better take advantage of it while we can. What's the fishing like in that part of Oregon.? I know the Rogue in California is productive, but never heard about the Oregon section of it. I see in one of our uk fly fishing magazines there are vacancies on a Derbyshire river for the coming season £200(about$350.00) The season is June 15- October 15th
Actually, save for a tiny bit (and I'm not even sure about that without looking at a map) I think 99.9999% of the Rogue is all in Oregon. EDIT: Just looked at a map, all of the Rogue is in southern Oregon, it's the Kalamath just to the south (mouth) of the Rogue, that winds in/out of both States, same for the Smith River.

As for the good news, for half the price you could purchase a Kalifornia AND Oregon annual non-resident license.

Better news and a long trip? For half that money (Pounds to Dollars) you could buy a weeks license for California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and I think Wyoming.

As Horace Greely once said: "Go west young man, go west."

Last edited by fredaevans; 02-13-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Can't spell worth shxt this morning.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:00 PM

gofisch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from the Black Hills, SD

Stream access is already that way in Wyoming. Doesn't matter if you can float a river, if you get out to wade or even anchor down, you are trespassing. Land owners have gone so far as to stretch barbed wire over the river to prevent floating, and driving fence posts into the streambed in eddies to keep people from idling and anchoring down. People have been shot at over such things. Lord hope this doesn't happen in Montana. It is scary how close we are to losing the access that makes Montana a destination for anglers.