The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 08:17 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Hi there!

Hi folks. My name is Kerry Pitt, I live in Beaumont, Alberta Canada and yep I am using my real name these days though I show up here and there as Inconnu.
I have been tying and fly fishing since 1969 though I suppose my early tying was probably more like binding lint to a hook.
I grew up on Vancouver Island, moved to Fort St John B.C. where I was thoroughly spoiled by the fishing.
I moved to Alberta just outside Edmonton so my children would be able to live at home and attend College/University and live at home. Fishing here is really not that wonderful though pike and walleye as well as a few Goldeye are about.
I tend to travel south and fish southwestern Alberta as much as I can.
I found the site through a friend of mine, Ed Nicholson who is President of Project Healing Waters Inc. as some of you probably know.
While I have never met Ed in person, he helped me found Project Healing Waters Canada which came into being officially on June 16/09 after working on the implementation for about 3 years. Who would think it would take that long to be able to help a few folks.
I have started looking around the forum quite a bit and oh my gosh I have alot of reading to do to catch up. This looks to be a great community and to the Administrators....thanks for makiing the rules easy to read, I actually did read them because I could.
I will probably spend more winter hours here but I am going to take a bit of time today and look around. Take care al.....Kerry
Old 07-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi there!

Kerry welcome to the board- you've had a bunch of great posts already I see-- (great looking flies)!

Looking forward to your posts on the forums here, and congrats and thanks for all the work you do on behalf of the injured warriors with Project Healing Waters Canada.

mark
Old 07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Hi there!

Hi Kerry,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you found us and I Hope you stick around and enjoy the Forum. We had a bunch of fly swaps this year and you might enjoy one of them.

Thanks for your work with PHW. I can't think of a better way to help our fly fishing service men and woman with disabilities. I hope to see Ed around here also.

Frank
Old 07-07-2009, 05:50 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Re: Hi there!

Thanks folks. Frank I swap in the winter and will do one or two here for sure. I intend to hang around I like friendly non-combative fly fishing sites.
PHW Canada was three years in the making, Ed was a great cheering team and a huge help, it has been a pleasure to know hi as much as I can and a humbling experience to meet people who have been so eager to help us up here.
In the next year or two I hope to work out a trip for Canadian soldiers to fish with American soldiers, much as the Healing on the Albany is working this year.....next week I think.
For me, having Ed and the Board let me bring PHW to Canada was amazing and holds to my philosophy that when people need each other, borders do not or should not be a hindrance.
I have received offers of support from both sides of our border, it is as I said humbling to say the least. I will keep you folks updated from time to time on how the Canadian Program progresses, but please I have to say I do not wish it to appear as if I am interfering with your efforts for Project Healing Waters USA. I am always cogizant of that possible appearance when I speak to this issue on all Boards. I am here because I like fly fishing and the people who practice it.