The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 PM

nyadirondacks will become famous soon enough
Default the adirondack mountains of new york

as said i live in the adirondacks, some of the best wild (and stocked ) trout waters in new york. ive been a fly fisherman for almost 3 years now
Old 02-26-2011, 09:32 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all
Default Re: the adirondack mountains of new york

Welcome NYadirondacks! Happy to have you join us. Look forward to your posts and pictures of your beautiful part of the country.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 02-27-2011, 08:47 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the NAFFF forum nyadirondacks!

The appalatchian mountain range hosts a wide variety of good trout, as well as other species, fishing here in the Northeast. In addition to your home range, your neighbor ranges of the Greens, the Berkshires, the Catskills and the Poconos offer great wet and dry fly fishing in the Spring/early Summer.

Post some pics and feel free to dive into the forums; I think you'll find lots of good information and experience here.

Pocono
Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

nyadirondacks.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, what has been said about sharing some pictures and joining in the discussions is how we will get to know you. Many of our members live in good fishing regions and those who don't often travel to reach them.

To tell us about your home waters is not to suggest that you pinpoint where you fish but mentioning some rivers may get you some feedback. I have fished from the Indian River in the east through the tributary streams at Tupper & Cranberry Lakes along with countless brook trout streams that I can't name. The big ticket water that I used to enjoy is the one that is perhaps the most famous, your Ausable. While I lived in northern Pennsylvania I made 5 trips to upstate NY and spent a couple weeks at it when I went. This doesn't get you chops like being a resident but you get a pretty good feel for where you want to go next time up.

Do you ever get down south into the Catskills? You can find some good fishing to be had even in this new century I'll bet. All of the travels I spoke of happened in the last century Times change and I would love to hear some familliar names of waterways I fished over 20 years ago.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;