The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 PM

Zman3382 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello. I'm also quite new to the sport and have already found a lot of useful information here. One of these days Ill get the hang of casting at which point I'll probably enjoy the fishing more. At this point I'm having fun reading and tying flies the most. Looking forward to talk to everyone here! Cheers. - Zack
Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Zach: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! Be sure to jump into one of the fly swaps when a new one starts, you don't have to be an expert tier, you will have a great time and a chance to see what others are tying. As far as your casting goes you might try watching some fly casting videos on YouTube, just do a search on YouTube for fly casting. Another thing you should look into is seeing if there is is fly fishing club in your area, probably the best bet is to pay a visit to your local fly shop and ask. Most fly shops will also do fly casting lessons for very reasonable rates. You will be surprised at how fast you progress with a little help.

Larry