Hello all!

sdgreg

Reaction score
Hey there!
My name is Greg, I'm from San Diego, CA and just got into fly fishing and tying. I had a friend who convinced me to start fly fishing with him, so I went out and bought a 'cheap?' 80-dollar Okuma set up, a 'Tempest' 9' 5w with a loaded reel. Been out to local creeks and pools and snagged a few bluegill, but no big trips yet.
Far more fun than spinfishing though! I have been tying flies like mad the last week or so, and have a little trip to Santa Ana planned for this weekend, first real trip out to a legitimate river.

So hopefully things will go well! In the mean time I'll be hovering around here soaking up as much info as I can!

-Greg

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ha! Something tells me I'm not the only one! :D
Greg: Your certainly not alone, we have a bunch of mad tiers here! Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing. We look forward to your posts and keep an eye out for the fly swaps as winter sets in and be sure to join in......you don't have to be an expert tier to join our flys swaps and besides you will enjoy seeing all the flies that others tye.

Larry

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Greg- welcome to the forum, glad you found us. Sounds like you're having a blast.

Feel free to post pics of your flies if you want any constructive feedback, jump in on any swaps that should be starting soon, and feel free to ask questions.

mark