The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 08:39 PM

lourdios will become famous soon enoughlourdios will become famous soon enough
Default new here

hello ,

i grew up in south of france but i'm living now in canada . new to this interesting forum but flyfisher for 20 years
Old 08-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new here

Bienvenue ami du sudI'm not alone here anymorethat's not true I have great friends here
Old 08-30-2009, 06:44 AM

merci jb
Old 08-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi lourdios,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you decided to join us. Are you a fly tier? Looking forward to hearing about your fishing.

Frank
Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Lourdios-

Welcome, I'm looking forward to your posts, it's always great to hear about the different types of fly fishing our members do.

Where in Canada are you? We have some from eastern Canada that fish for Atlantics and brook trout as well as a whole bunch for western Canada that fish for trout and some folks in between that chase pike, musky, walleyes and smallmouth.

mark
Old 08-30-2009, 10:27 PM

thanks for the welcome guys .
yes Franck i do tie my own flies . basic pyrenean flies : cdc , hare s ears , hackled dry flies , pheasant tail , ants , " peute " etc ...
but not yet a tyer for salmon flies . i ll try soon the steelhead patterns as egg sucking leech and sucker spawn .
i m living in the montreal area so my next trip will be for atlantic salmon ( first time ) .
i fished the ausable in the lovely adirondacks and hope fishing the great lakes tribs for steelies this fall ( first time also )
Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi lourdios,

Good luck on your trip and make sure you give us a report when you get back.

When I was working we had people in Africa when civil war broke out in Nigeria. We were building a communications system for Nigeria. When the fighting broke out our people had to get out as refugees. The supervisor had some important papers in his briefcase but they wouldn't let him take anything but the cloths on his back. As the boat was going down the river to get out of the fighting zone, a plane came over and strafed the boat.

Then down in Honduras when the fighting was going on we had an Engineer on top of a communication building looking for a path from the satellite to a remote location. The local guard came up on the building with his AK and shouted a bunch of stuff to the Engineer. He didn't understand Spanish and tried to communicate with hand jesters. He knew exactly what the guard wanted when he turned the safety off on his gun.

I know this don't have anything to do with fly fishing in Mexico buy your post brought back these memories.

Frank
Old 08-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Bonjour lourdios,

D'où êtes-vous ? I am in Wasilla Alaska.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-01-2009, 08:57 AM

bonjour hardyreels ,

je vis pres de Montreal .
i am sure that the fishing is pretty good in alaska but i'm not sure about the big bears i've seen on some pics

merci pour les mots en francais
Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

quote'où êtes-vous ?
Ard,you deserve 20 out of 20 this time