The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 PM

gadfly_nj is on a distinguished road
Default Howdy Folks

Nice to join your forum. As my name implies, I'm a Jersey fisherman. I mainly fish waters in north Jersey, eastern PA, and the Catskills. I've been fly-fishing for about 5 years now. This seems like a great place to meet and learn from anglers from all of the places I dream about fishing. I look forward to doing so!

Here's a goofy photo of me on my home water, the South Branch of the Raritan.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by gadfly_nj; 03-08-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Howdy Folks

Hi Gad,

Welcome to the meeting place, It'll be cool to hear about your experiences and I'll look for your posts.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

gadfly_nj: Welcome to the forum! From the photo it looks like you have a great stream to fly fish on, congrats! Looking forward to reading about your fly fishing this coming year.

Larry

Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Howdy Folks

Welcome! Need to Google that stream, looks better than much of what we have around here in Southern Oregon.

Well, truth be told we don't have much in the way of 'small streams,' and the one's we do are usually closed to fishing.

Bummer.

fae

Edit: Now this is a fun read: http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/...chraritan.html
Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

gadfly

Welcome to the Forum!! I spent part of my younger years in Jersey, 1975- 86. Lived in Millburn/Short Hills for jr & sr high school. Did not fly fish then though, was into deep sea fishing on my Dads boat out of Bayhead. Where do you fish in PA. I really got into fly fishing full time when I moved to Philly.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 03-09-2011, 09:07 PM

gadfly_nj is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the warm welcome Gents. Yes, the South Branch is a beautiful river, and a great trout stream. It was Bob Jacklin's haunt back in the day, and the namesake of his South Branch Chub pattern.

Davo - I do some fishing in the Poconos and Lehigh Valley, mostly the Brodhead, Little Lehigh, and Saucon. I'm looking forward to exploring the famous central PA streams this season, especially the Letort, Yellow Breeches, and Spring Creek.

Tight lines all,

Tim
Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the fold-from an old angler now living in northwestern england