The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 04:06 PM

ianhughscott is on a distinguished road
Default Hello From Orangeville, ON

Just discovered this great forum! Lots of very helpful people and some good information and stories.

I presently reside in Orangeville, ON which means I have some pretty darn good fly fishing opportunities almost at my back door, for a variety of species of fish. The Grand River is only 20 minutes away, Humber R. about ten, Credit River .. ten.. Nottawasaga.. 20 minutes.. you get the idea

As well, I've been spending a lot of time in Northern Alberta and learning more about the fishing out there as well. I will likely be spending lots of time in N. Alberta in the future.

Look forward to getting to know more of you!

Cheers,

Ian
Old 10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Hello From Orangeville, ON

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forum. I will look forward to seeing some pictures of your water. Do you tye flies? Are you having drought problems?

Frank
Old 10-02-2009, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Frank. I do tye flies, although my friends and acquaintances do a much better job than I, so I often let them tie them for me, and I test and write about them . But yes, I sit down with my 7 year old son and tie some up quite often.

No drought here in Ontario this year. A couple of years ago, we had some major drought problems with not much rain over the summer, but the past two years have returned everything most everything to normal.

I can post some photos here (when I learn how to do it) - also have pics on my blog too.

Thanks!

Ian
Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ian: Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to your fishing stories, if they are half as good as the one about your wife's first trout, I know we are in for a treat!

Larry
Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Larry! I'm not anal, but Colleen is not my wife. Yet. Shall I propose to her after she catches her third fish? She caught two that day!

Don't know if I have a lot of good stories - there are a few though. Ever hear of Ian James? He's a good friend of mine - also happens to be one of the better known fly tiers, guides and instructors in these parts of the world.

So this story comes to mind... I happened to be fly fishing with him, from a punt. He hooks into a fish. But he forgets we're anchored....

Might not be as funny to those who don't know Ian James.. but it was funny.. and a lot of skill too, how it all ended up!

You can have a wee read of it here.

Where are you located, Larry?

Cheers,

Ian
Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome here
quote:Where are you located, Larry?
You can find him...on his boat,his Harley....or in front of his computer
Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Welcome to the site Ian...

Dan
Old 10-03-2009, 07:52 PM

Thank you Dan, and JP!

Ian