The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:06 PM

muskyman is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from the midwest

Hi

My name is Thom and I am a fly fishing aholic

I spend most my fishing time chasing musky with fly tackle and I fish northern wisconsin rivers and lakes.

I have spent a good deal of time down in Florida as well and have done a good deal of shallow back country stuff.

I love to drive back to isolated back country lakes where most people are not willing to work hard enough to access or dont have the vehichle for it.

I have a 11 year old daughter and she is just starting to come into her own with a fly rod so the next few years should be great.

If anyone has any questions on flyfishing for musky I have been chasing them for about 20 years now with fly tackle and I love to share information.

Thom
Old 10-13-2009, 11:53 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the midwest

Welcome to the party, Muskyman. I look forward into reading your future posts.

MP
Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

from across the pond.Pike is great and fascinating fish
Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Thom,

Welcome to the forum. We have some other Musky chasers as members. I hope we get to see some pictures of a few Muskies. Do you tie flies?

Frank
Old 10-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Thom,

I have never caught a Musky but I know I would like it. I'll echo Frank in saying I'll look forward to some photographs of the fish you're catching. Don't be afraid to take landscape pictures of all the beautiful places you fish so we can see them too.

Ard
Old 10-15-2009, 09:52 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Hi there Muskyman! I have never fished for Musky before, just Pike up here in Northern Alberta.
This is a great place to be, lots of knowledge and really great folks. I hope you will post a few pictures and tell a few stories here, sort of helps us northern people get through the hard water months.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I Thought a musky was a pike....so can someone explain the difference?
waiting forward to your replies
Old 10-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JP,

Their body shapes are very similar and they are from the same family. The coloring is different on the two fish and the Musky gets much bigger. Here is a link that lays it all out.

Frank
Old 10-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks a lot Frank!Just read the article from the link....but What surprises me is that ....If my memories are....good,the pikes I caught looked very much like muskies(mainly the colors)
Old 10-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Hi JP,

I guess I could say that the Musky I have caught looked like a Pike.

Frank