The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 06:08 PM

dogfly is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from North Central Jersey

Been fishing for as long as I can remember, had to quit some 20 years back due to Lyme, got back into fly fishing just last fall-long story. For the life of me I don’t know why I stopped, for I still have Lyme.

From looking at this forum it appears that something’s haven’t changed in this sport is helping out your fellow fisherman and concern for saving our streams.

I always kept this sport as simple as possible. It forced me to sit back and enjoy the sport

I even have a trout stream in my backyard.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:54 PM

gadfly_nj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greetings from North Central Jersey

Welcome Dogfly! I'm new here too and also from Jersey. I look forward to reading your reports and maybe bumping into on the water some day.

Tight lines!

Tim
Old 03-27-2011, 08:04 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Hello and welcome Dogfly
Old 03-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Dogfly! You have a trout stream in your backyard, how cool is that! Keep us posted on your fly fishing progress.

Larry

Old 03-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Df,

Welcome to the forum, I could get used to a stream in the back yard so long as I had a decent rise in elevation before the house I almost bought a place on a creek in North Central PA. back in the 1978 age. I don't know if I would have ever left had I done that................

Good to hear your going to join us here,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-27-2011, 09:00 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome dogfly, glad to have you on the forum. Would love to see some pics of your backyard stream.

Dave
Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Welcome Aboard-the nearest I ever came to having a trout stream in my back yard was when my parents and brother lived just outside Colville, eastern Washington from 1966 to 1987. Unfortunately only got to fish it when I was on leave from the air force. Then they moved to Grand Coulee and I settled in england where even fishing the nearby canal costs an arm and leg!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Df,

Welcome to the forum, I could get used to a stream in the back yard so long as I had a decent rise in elevation before the house I almost bought a place on a creek in North Central PA. back in the 1978 age. I don't know if I would have ever left had I done that................

Good to hear your going to join us here,

Ard
Add my warm welcome to the rest.

Ard, thank God I didn't have a mouth full of coffee when I read the above. Zillion years back (pre-flood insurance) former wife and I found a brand spanking new home north of Seattle that both of us just fell in love with!!!

Stream behind (60-70'ish foot) so lots of room for lawn, stream even had trout year-round, and Salmon/Steelhead even used the water for spawning.

Anyway, down goes the Earnest Money Deposit, but one thing I did want to know was 'what will it take (approvals and from whom) to do a light stone 'rip-rap' for erosion control.

A week later Western Washington had one of their 'gully washer' rain storms come through. That 'year-round creek' became a full on RIVER! Water marks were 3 foot up the interior walls....

"But for the Grace of God ..... "

fae
Old 03-28-2011, 08:02 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum DogFly. As an refuge from Jersey, [left there in 1972] I have some experience and memories of your locale. Looking forward to your posts.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the Forum from another Central N.J ian. I fish the Musky mostly ,with occasional trips to the Gorge. I'm getting into the Salt little by little & got my permit for Sandy hook so i plan on getting there some times this summer also. If I'm not fishing, I'm thinking about it so since I retired I get out often. Are you in CJTU's area? It's a good active chapter with a lot of good people. Don't forget about the Pequest Hatchery's open house this coming weekend. Bring the kids if you have any. I'll be at the kiddy tank by the pond. It's a wild day, helping a lot of little kids catching their first trout

Keep your waders felt side down

Neil