The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default A belated hello...

Well, after maybe 70 posts this is a little tardy, but there's actually a reason, and it came to me today while looking at another ff forum. Maybe some of you have similar experience.

After a couple of years of participation in a few forums I had found it troublesome to post. The experience was generally unpleasant, so I became primarily a "registered lurker". There are a couple of boards that are not about fly fishing and when there are ff questions I'd try to help others, but even then a lot of the time it was via PM.

I had the pleasure of fishing last August with Jim (Bigfly) and he steered me this direction, so I took a look...sticking my toe in the water just a bit, and then a bit more over the months.

I have to say that this group has been a revelation. There is a little unpleasantness on rare occasions, but even that is quickly put to bed, either by the individuals themselves or someone who steps in. The TONE here is positive rather than negative.

So, thanks to you all (and the sponsor) for having such a place. This has become my "go to" place to check when on line...

Intro...

Male, 62, 99% c&r, live in Norcal with my wifey of 37 yrs. I enjoy steelheading in winter, trouting the rest of the year. Favorite activity is tossing dries from my float tube to rising fish, but smaller streams are a close 2nd.

Ok, I'm glad I'm here...-Mike
Old 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: A belated hello...

Good to "meet" you, Mike...and I have very similar feelings and experiences with this forum. This is a good place to learn and share. Even though I'm incredibly younger than you (61), welcome!
Gary
Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Good to have you here Mike. An introduction is better late than never.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-21-2011, 06:44 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, fellow weather nerd! milt.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mike: Welcome to the forum, we look forward to your participation!

Larry

Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Mike. Good to have you here. I agree lots of good people here. I've seen you here for quite awhile. Hadn't even given the intro a thought, but thanks for the intro.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:09 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Welcome, Mike from a really out-of-place american living and trying to fish in northwestern england and missing my native pacific northwest fishing very much. I've had some negtive experiences here on forums in the uk. Fortunately Not on this one!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Mike....completely agree with you about this forum
Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Mike, Welcome to the Forum...We definitely have great people here...

Dan
Old 03-27-2011, 06:19 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone! Now that the 40 days and 40 nights of rain are over in the west, maybe I can go fishing a little.

-Mike