The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 07:16 AM

flyrodlures is on a distinguished road
Default new member

Charlie Brown here.I started fly fishing,and tying in the late 80s,and self taught.I spend my time fishing for any warm water species.I make fly rod lures of balsa wood.Hook sizes are from # 14, to as big as I can get.Most of what I make are top water lures.Poppers,sliders,skipping bugs,divers, popping divers.Lures with rattles,propellers,spinners.I also have a line of sub-surface
lures,again of balsa.I live in North Western Penna..I'm of my seventh float tube,my favorite way to fish.I enjoy reproducing vintage fly rod lures.I'm not
very good on the computer,next I'll try my luck at posting some photos.If I have trouble,help will be appreciated.

Charlie Brown
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new member

Charlie: Welcome to the forum! I'd sure like to see some of your vintage lures. The forum doesn't allow posting a photo into a thread directly from your computer due to virus issues. First you need to post a photo into the photo Gallery/album or some other web site like photobucket and then link to that site.
Here is the FAQ on how to post a photo: The North American Fly Fishing Forum - FAQ

Larry

Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Charlie Brown! Looking forword to your posts and photo's.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:20 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Hi Charlie, Byron in northwest england here. I'm fascinated by someone who makes fly lures from balsa wood. Was in a craft shop in London last week and almost bought some balsa for $4.00 a large assortment. Now you're on here I wish I had. Look forward to seeing your lures.