The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice
Default Hello from Rhode Island

Hey guys! My name is Alex, I am 23 from Rhode Island. I have been bass angling and surf casting for stripers for almost as long as I can remember. I am just now getting in to fly fishing (and tying) although I have had an interest in it for quite some time now. I am really in to the politics and conservation of the striped bass and plan on taking my trout fishing to the same level. I am looking forward to spending some time on here and getting to know some of you.

Alex
Old 03-28-2011, 10:05 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Rhode Island

Welcome woodpro! I would ask where you were from, but I guess Rhode Island pretty much narrows it down! milt.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Woodpro, welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

Larry

Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Welcome Woodpro I like forward to what you have to share!
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

hey Woody,
I was a resident of the 'biggest little' for years but now live just over the state line in CT.
It's been a long time since I fished the Wood. Even when I lived in RI I trout fished here in eastern CT more often.
Now I travel back to RI to fish the shore. Maybe I should have stayed put.

Give some thought to fly fishing the salt as well as trouting
http://www.connri-saltfly.com/
Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Alex,

Welcome to NAFFF and thanks for becoming a member. I hope you enjoy your time on NAFFF and share in your fly fishing adventures. You might want to consider adding a location to your profile. When we know where you live it helps us to give a better response in future post. A general location is just fine.

Frank
Old 03-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Alexfrom...across the pond.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I am looking forward to do a lot of fly fishing this year and will be sure to share pictures as well as trip reports as I plan on trying to get a lot of river time in the back country of Maine as well as NH, VT and PA.

Rip Tide, I definitely plan on fly fishing for blues and striper in the future but it will probably have to wait until next season as the RISAA saltwater show drained my pocket and I just bought a TFO Lefty Kreh pro series rod and G loomis reel today. I was planning on getting my MA fresh water license since they have no closed trout season so I could start fishing right away instead of waiting for April 9th. Would it be worth it to get my CT license instead? I may get my MA license as well to fish in Western Mass but if I am better off getting CT first I will do that.

I am spending a ton of time looking at trail maps and satalite images to try to scout out some spots on the rivers. I plan on also going on some hikes probably starting this weekend to scout the rivers.

Alex
Old 03-29-2011, 09:46 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site Alex, we all look forward to seeing and reading about your adventures. Also I highly recommend that you spend some time in the search option, there are a lot of good stories and info hidden in there.

Dave
Old 03-29-2011, 10:23 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Alex