The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 01:20 AM

drumstix61 is on a distinguished road
Default Joining the Fray from NOVA

Hi folks!

First off,let me say that this is truly one of the best FF forums I've seen.

Grew up in Southwest PA,bout an hour from Pittsburgh.
Fishing and hunting were a big part of my families activities.Lots of places to fish,but never got the chance to get further Northeast for Natives,but as long as a rod was in hand I was happy.

In 5th grade I was very lucky,as my homeroom teacher was an avid fisherman,and taught a fly-tying class.
I bought my first fly outfit and was hooked.

15 years ago I moved to Virginia for work,and was clueless as to where to fish.
Luckily,thru some scouting and asking around,I found some local stocked waters,but they were usually "fished out" not long after the truck was gone.

Then an amazing event took place...I fished a Tributary called Little Stony Creek...
and caught my first Native Brookie!
My gosh it was beautiful!
Click the image to open in full size.

By chance there was a flyshop in town,Feathered Hook Outfitters,and I stopped in.
Roy and Wes asked me where I fished,I told them the GW Forest streams,and they told me to get myself onto the streams of Shenandoah National Park.

I cannot thank them enough.

Enough rambling,nice to have found you all.

Cheers,Stix.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:52 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: Joining the Fray from NOVA

Drumstix, welcome to the forum...Looking forward to seeing more pics of those beautiful Brookies...

Dan
Old 01-30-2010, 08:32 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

YO, STIX!!!!

Been trying to get in touch with ya....Jonesin' to go fishing....we gotta hook up and fling some midges or something. Got my 3wt rigged and ready to go.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:39 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum. It is a great resource for information, friends and fun.
Keep us posted on your ramblings in the park.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Stix: Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to hearing about your fishing exploits. Great looking wild brookie by the way!

Larry
Old 01-31-2010, 06:18 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Stix! Welcome to the best FF'ing forum I've found.
Love the pic, and look forward to seeing more.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:16 AM

drumstix61 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome!
More pics to come for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
YO, STIX!!!!

Been trying to get in touch with ya....Jonesin' to go fishing....we gotta hook up and fling some midges or something. Got my 3wt rigged and ready to go.
I hear ya Axle,I'm jonesing too...

Congrats on the 3 weight!
Perfect for the Park streams.
Watcha end up getting?

The sad part bro,is that with all the snow and rain we had lately,and not to mention this coming big storm,
I fear the creeks may be blown out,let alone getting access to them...
My poor Brookies.

Guess we could hit Redbud when the roads are clear,let me know your schedule and we'll make it happen.

Soon my friend,soon.

Cheers,Stix.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:05 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Had the 3wt for a bit. Cliff sold it to me for a song....and I really can't sing. Put a 10m Cortland DT line on it. Action is a little slow, but I can deal with it. I can cast it into the backing in the backyard.

I hear ya on the streams. When I clears, we'll hit someplace.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Stix,

Welcome to the group. I lived in VA. for two years, there are plenty of hidden gems in those mountains and you can hit a different one every week. This is about the best bunch of people you could ever join up with. We are everywhere!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;