The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 11:33 AM

bmadd is on a distinguished road
Default Hey from West TN

Hey everybody, I've been a member for a few days and have posted a few threads and feel right at home already. I thought I should give a good introduction.

I'm from Northwest TN and have been a big bass fisherman all of my life. There are no trout in my area besides the rainbows stocked in city ponds each winter. I've recently had some falling out with the bass club I've been a member of lately and now I've decided to take a step away from all of my tournament fishing and focus on fishing for fun once again.

I tried fly fishing a few years ago with a cheap shakespeare kit. I didn't have a good idea of what to do or anything like that but I caught some bluegills doing it. I stepped up to a Fenwick Eagle GT with an Okuma Magnitude reel. Since my falling out, I've really been dedicating a lot more time to my fly fishing. I've been focusing on bluegills and shellcrackers since my rod is a 7'6" 4 wt and I have been having a blast! I've been asking for advice on another forum and watching lots of instructional videos on youtube and I have seen my casting improve dramatically.

Also, I'm a senior in college who will graduate this December. Thanks for making me feel right at home here. Everyone has shown me a lot of respect and has been eager to help me right away. Thanks for that
Old 04-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey from West TN

on the forum...when you started with the shakespeare the question was"to be or nor to be... a flyfisherman?"now you know the answer
Old 04-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hey B,

This is a place for serious discourse as you have seen, of all the forums out there you have found your way to the top of the food chain. I'm glad you took time to do the intro and you will get all the welcomes you can handle from the people here. Hope you solve your fly dilemma and get on those Gills'.

Ard
Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

bmadd. Glad to have you here. Stick around and these guys will have you winning tourneys with FF gear.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi bmad,

Thanks for joining and welcome. You are not far from some very good trout fishing in Northern Arkansas. That is where I would be fishing if I lived in Northern Tennessee.

Frank
Old 04-14-2010, 04:35 PM

bmadd is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys! I definitely feel at home. Right now I'm fishing for gills trying to get better with my fly fishing but I want to expand to bass fishing. I actually found this site while looking for reviews of the Redington Predator series haha.
It would actually be closer to travel to Middle TN to fish for trout than it would most trout streams in North Arkansas