The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2006, 06:22 PM

Mike N is on a distinguished road
Default new guy from Colorado

Lo all

Another guy from Colorado originally. Now live in UK and spend too much time on the UK fly fishing fourm (www.flyforums.co.uk). But I thought I could waste more time here talking about fishing in the old country. I make as many trips back as possible.

I try to fish at least 1 day per week if I can. Sometimes I have to make up missed days by taking a longer trip. It's a hard life I guess.

I normally fish in S Wales in the UK for grayling and browns. Note grayling come first.

In the US I tend to fish around Colorado and Wyoming. Wherever's good. Although I have a special place in my heart for the S. Platte river near Lake George Co where I learned to fish.

Also have a good friend in Minnesotta, so have fished up there and in Wisconsin a lot on the small creeks/rivers for browns. I also have a friend who lives right on the North fork of the White River in Missouri. Fabulous rainbow/brown fishing. He's not complaining, and I don't mind outstaying my welcome whenever I can.

Sooo, glad to be a part of this forum and I look forward to the good advice it will bring me.

Mike