The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 10:29 AM

leflaneur is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from DC

Greetings all,

Just signed up and thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been fly-fishing for about 12 years now. I have only ever owned but one rod -- a Cortland CL 9' 5wt that I picked up for $100 in Idaho. My ex-boss / fishing mentor bought me a Scientific Anglers System 1 and gave me his ancient and leaky Red Ball waders.

With this setup I have passed countless blissful hours float tubing Idaho's Silver Creek, and wading rivers including the Big Wood, Lost River, Gallatin, Yellowstone, Snake, etc.

Since moving to the Mid-Atlantic I've begun to re-explore the rivers of my childhood -- Pennsylvania's Spring Creek, Penn's Creek, Fishing Creek, Yellow Breeches, Little Antietam... and MD's Gunpowder.

My purposes for signing on:
- Gear advice - yes I'm going to do a "what rod should I buy" post next.
- Technique - my dirty little secret is I don't know how to nymph at all. I pretty much only fish dry -- which I love --but I would like to expand.
- Salt/brackish water -- now I live near the Chesapeake Bay but I've only ever fly fished on rivers. I'd like to broaden my horizons.
- Local knowledge in general

Looking forward to talking to everyone.

James
Old 05-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from DC

to the forum James aka leflaneur...that's a funny name in french
Old 05-21-2010, 11:16 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: Hi from DC

Welcome to the Forum; you've come to the right place...

Dan