The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 10:34 AM

professor is on a distinguished road
Default New to the Board

Hi all,

My name is Terry (professor), I will be finishing my 33rd year in education on June 4, and I thought I would take a minute and introduce myself. I am from Northwest Pennsylvania and enjoy fly tying, fishing, and woodworking. Most of the time you can find me on one of the streams in NW or Central PA, and I usually spend two or three weeks in Montana during the summer.
I ran across this site a few weeks ago and hope to continue to enjoy all that it offers and maybe add my 2 cents worth.

Professor
Old 05-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New to the Board

Hey Terry,

Glad to have you in the group! I am a fellow Pennsylvania native (born at Williamsport hospital) and will add that Pennsylvania is the best place I have ever fished. A pretty broad statement considering where I make my home now and the many places I have traveled. PA. offers consistent angling opportunities on a year round basis. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Professor: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading your fishing reports. You and Ard can share stories of PA fishing! If you have a camera, I'd love to see some of your wood carvings. Read the FAQ's on how to post a picture, the system will not allow a direct uploade from your computer into a thread, you need to create a photo gallery and then upload the photo to your gallery, then link it into a post, or another approach if you have the photos on another web page is to just link from there.

Larry
Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

dear colleagueI will be finishing my 37th year in education on july 3rddon't know if it's the same in the US....but it's getting harder and harder here....so I'm longing for retirement...to go fishing with my american friends
Old 05-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Terry welcome to the forum, and congrats on your retirement--- between time in your wood shop and the time you spend streamside it sounds like it will be pretty busy.

Looking forward to your posts
Old 05-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Terry,

Nice to have you as a member. I am looking forward to your participation. You will find a bunch of good people here who love fly fishing.

Frank
Old 05-28-2010, 04:10 PM

cwg is on a distinguished road

Greetings!
Old 05-29-2010, 01:36 PM

professor is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the warm welcome. Mark, how I wish I was retiring - I still have two more years to go before I can retire. The years are going by pretty fast so it won't be long. I hope time slows down once I retire, because I have plenty that I want to do.

My fishing for this weekend has been put on hold. My wife and I are in Virgina, welcoming the latest member into the Surra family. My son and his wife had a healthy 9lb 6oz, 22 in long baby boy. Looks like I will be buying some more fly rods and guns -- and I can't wait!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Terry: Great reason to put a fishing day on hold. Congrats on the new Grandson!

Larry
Old 05-29-2010, 09:30 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

professor. Good to have you here.