The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 08:04 PM

nikwho is on a distinguished road
Default hello all

My name is Nik. I started fly fishing in the mid-nineties. I am from San Diego. My family was going on pretty frequent trips up to the Bishop area of California. Thats when I started fly fishing. I Got out of it for quite some time when i was doing more deep sea fishing in the ocean. I have been out of it for some time and I am fishing more now. I live in Flagstaff, AZ now. I am about fifteen minutes from Oak Creek, down by Sedona. Not an amazing fishing spot but will be fun. I thought that joining this forum would help me get back into things! Lots of great information here!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:20 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello all

Welcome Nik!

You're right; I think you'll find a lot of information here that will help you ease back into fly fishing.

You'll have to fill us in on your fishing exploits in the AZ area.

Pocono
Old 05-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Nik,

If you're the type who likes to explore a web site you'll be able to keep busy on this one. I'm glad you found us and hope you will post anytime you have any questions or tips to share.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nik!tons of infos and great helpful people here...
Old 05-22-2011, 02:05 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Nik. That Sedona area is really unique. Hope that you can post some pictures of it someday.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Nik,

Welcome to NAFFF. I use to fish around Cottonwood but it was all planters and low water later in the year. There is some fishing around Payson and the eastern part of the state. The south east also has some trout.

You are reasonably close to some excellent fishing at two of my favorite locations, Lee's Ferry and the San Juan at Navajo dam. I use to drive from Phoenix to fish Lee's Ferry. Some very good fishing there but limited unless you have a boat to fish between Lee's Ferry and the Dam. They is some great fishing in Lake Powell but you need a boat. Just a lot of options to explore.

If you do have a boat don't over look the fishing in Navajo Lake. Most people who visit this area fish the San Juan and forget the lake. There is a wide range of fish in good quantities. Both warm water and cold water.

Frank