The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   A Little SLow (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/147367-little-slow.html)

possumpoint 06-09-2011 11:06 AM

A Little SLow

Just found the member introduction threads in the "Back at the Lodge" forum. Let me introduce myself.

65 year old, retired twice, living with my wife of 41 years who encouraged me to return to fly fishing last year after a long absence. First thirty years, worked for a public utility. Then worked as a cabinet/furniture maker till I became allergic to the dust.

I tie my own flies (rather badly) and fish them to anything that will bite. Was introduced to trout fishing on vacation last summer. Had so much fun, I traveled twice last fall to Douthat State Park, VA. to feed the new addiction. Living east of I-95 the water here about is usually too warm for trout. They do however, stock a local fishing pond during the fall and spring.

EXPATRIATE 06-20-2011 09:19 AM

Re: A Little SLow

Don't worry possum point. My wife is happy to get me out of the house fishing now and then and after 42 years this August I guess she needs the occasional break. And as long as your flies catch fish who cares What they look like?!

mcnerney 06-20-2011 09:29 AM

possumpoint: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! There are a lot of great folks on this forum that have an incredible amount of knowledge about fly fishing, so don't hesitate in asking questions!

Larry

Hardyreels 06-20-2011 10:54 AM

Hello and welcome :)

CutThroat Leaders 06-20-2011 11:48 AM

possum point,

I am glad you made back to fly-fishing again.... after some time away. Welcome to the forum.

Glen Wright 06-20-2011 01:07 PM

:welcome: to the forum and to the terminal addiction of fly fishing. I'm glad you returned to the sport. I look forward to reading what you have to share. There are folks here who can assist you with every aspect of fly fishing including improving your tying.;-) I look forward to reading your posts and hopefully seeing pictures of the fish you catch.

Davo 06-20-2011 01:14 PM

possunpoint

Welcome to the forum!!! Any questions you have just ask and the fine members here will happily answer. Look forward to reading your post of your fly fishing adventures!! :D;)

jpbfly 06-20-2011 01:55 PM

:welcome:possumpoint....+1....lots of great and helpful people here:)

peregrines 07-01-2011 02:47 PM

Hey Possumpoint just saw your intro-- welcome to the forum, glad to have on board here. It sounds like you've been having some fun tying and chasing trout but it sounds like a haul to get to decent trout country (it is for me too).

Anything else that might be closer like smallmouth or largemouth? They'll give your fly rod a work out.

And keep your eye out for our fly swaps-- we'll be running a bunch more soon-- everyone is always welcome to jump in regardless of experience, so if you see one that floats your boat, just holler.

troutslayer 07-15-2011 07:13 AM

Welcome to the forum! Great people on here that are more than willing to help so ask a lot of questions and show us your pics, we'd love to see them!!